Amy is the epitome of a girl obsessed with hair. She likes to whip her hair back and forth. Apart from that she is a qualified hair dresser with 8+ years of experience in hair dressing. She knows the right product for your hair and will not stop until you find what you are looking for to solve your hair problems!
Hairfall got you worried? Using the best DHT blocker shampoos for hair loss is the easiest way to solve this problem.
It can be quite a painful sight to see your beautiful locks on your pillowcase or in between the teeth of your comb when they should be on your head.
One of the little known but most common causes of hair loss is DHT. And the best way to combat this situation is to use the best DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner for hair loss.
As we grow older, DHT levels in our body can rise and lead to hair loss. Using the best DHT blocker can stabilize the DHT hormone levels and bring it back to the natural range.
- Related: What Can Cause Hair Loss
- Related: How to Stop Hair Loss
- Related: Minoxidilmax Review
- Related: Which Nioxin System Should You Use? Choosing A Hair Loss Treatment
There are several types, including, shampoos which are perhaps the best topical DHT blockers, anti-DHT oil, and more.
If you’re asking yourself, “does DHT blocking shampoo work?” Let us tell you that combined with the right conditioner they are amazing for hair loss.
Most of them contain key ingredients like saw palmetto help reduce the production of Alpha 5 reductase. The main enzyme that helps in the production of DHT.
With more awareness being created about DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) and its relation to hair loss, there are many DHT blocking shampoos and conditioners that are being made available in the market.
|DHT Blocker Shampoos and Conditioners For Hair Loss||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|Maple Holistics Shampoo with DHT Blockers||Hair Growth||Biotin, Saw Palmetto, Argan Oil|
|Pura D’Or Original Gold Label Anti-Thinning Shampoo||Thin Hair||Biotin, Nettle Extract, Pumpkin Seed, & Black Cumin Seed Oil|
|Hairgenics Propidren DHT Blocker Shampoo||Frizzy Hair||Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Aloe Vera|
|Honeydew DHT Blocking Hair Loss Shampoo||Split Ends||Biotin, Keratin, Coconut Oil, Rosemary Oil, Tea Tree Oil|
|Shiny Leaf DHT Blocker Shampoo||Long Hair||Castor Oil, Rosemary Leaf Oil and Asparagus Extracts|
|ProBliva Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth Shampoo||Curly Hair||Vitamin E, Pro-Vitamin B5, Keratin, Jojoba Oil, and Collagen|
|Hair Restoration Laboratories DHT Blocking Hair Loss Shampoo||Damaged Hair||Caffeine Pygeum Africanum Bark Extract Pumpkin Seed, Vitamin E|
|Ultrax Labs Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo||Oily Hair||Caffeine, Saw Palmetto, Niacin, and Ketoconazole|
I know how taxing it can be to find the right products that suit your hair. It can take trying many different products to find what works for your hair and scalp.
But fret not! I have put together a list of some of the best DHT blocking shampoos and conditioners available in the market.
Buying Guide For The Best DHT Blocker Shampoos For Hair Loss
Some things to remember while choosing the best DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner for hair loss are:
- Make sure that you read the active ingredient label thoroughly. You need to know what your shampoo contains so that you can pick one with the right ingredients.
- Do your own research. Before you pick any product, it’s best to read the reviews and check out the claims to ensure that they are not false.
- Choose ingredients that are proven to work and be effective.
- Try to choose naturally-occurring ingredients.
- Remember that the priciest shampoo isn’t the best DHT blocker. Pick one to suit your price range, but even drugstore shampoos and conditioners work well!
Do DHT blocking shampoos really work?
Okay, so as important as the best shampoo and conditioner are to balance DHT levels, it is also important to remember that they can do only so much to help with your hair loss.
A healthy lifestyle contributes to a healthy scalp and hair strands, naturally. Some things that need to be paid attention to are:
- Ensuring that you are maintaining a healthy diet rich in vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids
- Exercising regularly
- Identifying and addressing other underlying health issues
What shampoo ingredients help with hair loss?
While using even the best DHT blocking shampoo or conditioner won’t reverse hair loss, these products can prevent further hair loss and promote hair growth.
Some ingredients to look for while choosing the best DHT blocker hair product are:
- Ketoconazole: It is a common antifungal that is used to treat dandruff. Using a ketoconazole DHT blocker shampoo is also known to disrupt the DHT pathway.
- Biotin: It is an active ingredient found in shampoos to boost hair growth and reduce the thinning of hair.
- Pumpkin seed oil: The oil contains phytosterols that naturally inhibit enzymes and hormones in the scalp that contribute to hair loss.
- Rosemary oil: It helps improve circulation, stimulating hair growth.
To prevent any DHT blocking shampoo side effects, it’s best to avoid ingredients like parabens, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium laurly sulfate, and synthetic fragrances.
How I tested these DHT blocker shampoos?
I used the following parameters to test how well the DHT blocker shampoos well and how many ratings it got out of 1-5.
- Hair Loss Prevention – The first job in my opinion of these shampoos is to reduce hair loss. So I checked how well it worked at reducing hair loss and increasing growth.
- Cleaning Power – As a shampoo it should help clean your hair and scalp of oil and dirt. So cleansing power is important.
- Gentleness – I checked if the shampoos contained SLS or SLES and if they are suited for color-treated hair and are gentle on the scalp.
- Price – Of course, I checked if the shampoos are affordable for daily use.
Top DHT Blocker Shampoos For Hair Loss 2022
Maple Holistics Biotin Shampoo For Hair Growth
The first on my list of the best DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner for hair loss is this one by Maple Holistics.
Packed with the goodness of jojoba oil, coconut oil, and olive oil, this shampoo is gentle enough to be used every day.
What I loved is the sulfate-free formula that is best suited for color-treated hair and a sensitive scalp.
It has a B5 keratin composition that helps restore the volume and luster of hair. And it also contains biotin that prevents thinning of hair and promotes hair growth.
This antioxidant-rich shampoo increases elasticity of hair prevents breakage and split ends. It gently cleanses the scalp by removing dandruff flakes and leaves hair feeling voluminous and healthy.
So not only is this shampoo among the best DHT blockers, it’s amazing for any other hair issue too!
My only grouse with this shampoo is that it isn’t really clarifying. So it won’t really do much at removing greasiness at hair.
There’s also perfumes in the shampoo so those with sensitive scalp should beware.
- Contains biotin that helps thicken hair
- The jojoba and coconut oils help nourish dry hair and reduce frizz
- The keratin in the shampoo helps repair damaged hair
- It’s sulfate-free so it suits color-treated hair
- The shampoo doesn’t suit oily hair as it’s too rich and lacking surfactant
- Contains fragrance from artificial perfumes that can trigger sensitivities
- Hair Loss Prevention – 4.5/5
- Cleaning Power – 4/5
- Gentleness – 4.5/5
- Price – 4.5/5
PURA D’OR Original Anti-Thinning Hair Shampoo
When it comes to this Pura D’or hair loss treatment, reviews and users agree that it is one of the best DHT blocker shampoos on the market.
Made with the goodness of nettle extract, pumpkin seed oil, black cumin seed oil, and seaweed extract, this shampoo is a great choice for a DHT blocking shampoo.
It is paraben-free and contains only natural preservatives, while the biotin present aids in boosting hair growth.
And guess what? This product is suitable for all hair types and is hypoallergenic. It works to reduce the thinning of hair by enhancing the circulation in the scalp.
And this aids in healthy hair growth. It’s also a good option for men suffering from male pattern baldness.
For those looking for vegan and cruelty-free options, this product is the perfect one for you!
- The saw palmetto extract and nettle extract that reduce DHT, preventing hair loss
- The tea tree oil helps control scalp inflammation
- The vitamin E oil and jojoba oil control frizz and dryness in hair
- The shampoo is sulfate-free, paraben-free, and vegan
- None that I can find
- Hair Loss Prevention – 4.5/5
- Cleaning Power – 4.5/5
- Gentleness – 4.5/5
- Price – 4/5
Hairgenics Propidren Hair Growth Shampoo
Another cruelty-free option on our list of the best DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner is the Propidren hair growth shampoo by Hairgenics.
It’s one of the simplest treatments for conditions like Androgenic Alopecia.
This clinically tested shampoo contains a powerful blend of biotin and saw palmetto!
Both of these are excellent blockers of alpha 5 reductase, which is responsible for the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
The Propidren DHT blocker with saw palmetto extract reduces said hormone and stimulates hair follicles.
It boosts hair growth and increases hair elasticity, leaving hair healthy, full and lush.
- The saw palmetto helps reduce DHT and prevent hair loss
- The biotin and helps thicken, thinning damaged hair
- Older batches contain DMDM Hydantoin that is not good for health
- Hair Loss Prevention – 5/5
- Cleaning Power – 4/5
- Gentleness – 4.5/5
- Price – 4.5/5
Honeydew DHT Blocking Hair Loss Shampoo
If you’re looking for something to repair damaged hair and prevent hair loss due to breakage, I think you should go for this one!
This shampoo is enriched with biotin, zinc, and keratin proteins. It also contains a blend of oils that strengthen and repair hair.
It improves circulation in the scalp and provides stimulation. There’s also tea tree oil that helps keep scalp inflammation and dandruff in check.
This promotes hair growth and a healthy scalp and hair. This sulfate-free shampoo is an excellent choice for those looking for a DHT blocker. I was also impressed by the 100% money back guarantee offered by this brand.
Shiny Leaf DHT Blocker Shampoo
I loved this shampoo! Going through the shiny leaf DHT blocker shampoo reviews, I couldn’t find a single fault in this one.
Enriched with the goodness of rosemary essential oil, biotin, castor oil, hydrolyzed silk, and asparagus, this shampoo works to revitalize hair and promote hair growth.
It contains active DHT blocking ingredients that effectively reduce the thinning of hair. It is paraben and sulfate-free and does not contain any harmful chemicals.
It has a moisture-rich formula that does not dry out hair like other shampoos.
ProBliva Hair Loss and Hair Regrowth Shampoo
Another product we’d liked while searing for the best DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner for hair loss is this one by ProBliva.
I were impressed by how this shampoo contains zinc PCA, green tea, and Kapilarine, which are terrific DHT blockers.
These natural ingredients don’t just block DHT but also improve circulation in the scalp and promote hair growth.
And green tea extract is known to improve the texture of hair, prevent hair fall, and combat dryness.
Hair Restoration Laboratories DHT Blocking Hair Loss Shampoo
The last on our list of the best DHT blocking hair loss shampoos for hair loss is this product by Botanical Green Hair Care.
Infused with saw palmetto and cayenne, this conditioner works to give your fuller hair and prevent hair loss.
Cayenne helps promote hair growth by improving circulation in the scalp and providing nourishment, while saw palmetto is an effective DHT blocker and treats hair loss.
This shampoo stimulates hair follicles and increases circulation. Result? Voluminous and thicker hair!
Ultrax Labs Hair Growth Stimulating Shampoo
This Ultrax Labs Hair Surge is among the best hair loss products out there. The organic ingredients are not just limited to DHT blockers that help control hair loss. There’s also caffeine which stimulates the hair follicles to enter a new hair growth cycle.
I like how this sulfate free shampoo is suitable for all hair types. So you can use it worry-free, even if you’ve got curly hair. The cruelty-free formulation and powerful active ingredients make this shampoo one of the best in natural hair care.
Do DHT blocking shampoos have side effects?
Some topical DHT blockers and blocker supplements can cause unwanted problems, but so far using DHT blocking shampoos are not found to have side effects.
These are safe to use and hence are available over the counter.
However, experts caution against pregnant women using this shampoo as it can mess with your hormones.
Pre-pubescent boys should also avoid DHT blocking shampoos as dihydrotestosterone in needed by the body at this age.
While choosing the right shampoo and conditioner can help with reducing hair loss caused by DHT, just make sure that your hair loss is in fact caused by this problem.
Genetics also plays an important role in the overproduction of DHT. I also advise taking the best DHT blocker pills if your hair fall is too severe. Or you can even look at an anti-DHT oil.
When these dietary supplements are coupled with using the right DHT blocking hair products, they show better results and give you healthier hair follicles.
DHT blockers are also a great solution for those who face genetic hair loss.
Best hair growth pills for men
Best laser hair growth devices
Best biotin shampoos and conditioners for hair growth
Shiny Leaf DHT Blocker Shampoo
DHT blocker shampoos help prevent hair loss due to hormonal imbalances. The Shiny Leaf DHT Blocker Shampoo contains saw palmetto that blocks DHT and promotes hair growth.
Product SKU: NL4801N
Product Brand: Shiny Leaf
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: 18.33
Price Valid Until: 2023-06-17
Product In-Stock: InStock
- The shampoo is sulfate-free and suits color-treated hair
- The DHT blockers helps reduce hair loss
- The product doesn't suit oily hair as it's too rich and nourishing