Men (and women too) can lose up to 100 strands of hair per day. The good news? This is completely normal.
The bad news?
Hair fall might increase if you’ve got a scalp condition, genetic baldness, or really damaged hair. The solution? The best hair growth pills for men, of course!
There are several hair growth vitamins for men in the market that combat the hair loss problem.
- Related: Best Hair Growth Products For Men
- Related: Best Laser Hair Growth Devices
- Related: Top Rogaine For Hair Growth
From trying out shampoos and conditioners for hair loss to using laser devices and applying topical ointments, there are so many ways for you to boost hair growth.
But if getting stronger, and healthier, thicker hair is your priority, these supplements are the best choice!
Most of these pills contain vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and a blend of other natural ingredients that combat hair loss!
|Best Hair Growth Pills for Men||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets||Severe Hair Loss||Vitamin C, Zinc Oxide, Biotin, Niacin|
|Nutrafol Men Hair Growth Supplements||Bald Patches||Saw Palmetto, Tocotrienol Complex, Curcumin, Ashwagandha|
|Be Biotin Hair Growth Supplements||Damaged Hair||10,000 mcg Biotin|
|PHYTO Phytophanère 100% Natural Hair Loss Supplements||Stronger Hair and Nails||Sunflower, Fish Oil, Borage Seed, Carrots|
|Hairfinity Hair Vitamins||Gummy Vitamins||Capilsana Complex, Biotin, Hydrolyzed Collagen|
|Follicaide Finasteride Hair Growth Supplements||Male Pattern Baldness||Saw Palmetto, Biotin, Vitamin C, Horsetail, Iodine from Atlantic Kelp, Zinc, Pumpkin Seed|
|Haircore XL DHT Blocking Pills||DHT Blocker Pills||Vitamin, A, C, D-3, E, B-1, B-2, Niacin, B-6, Folate, B-12, Biotin, Pantothenic Acid, Calcium, Iron, Iodine|
|DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins For Men and Women||New Hair Growth||Ginkgo Biloba, Green Tea & Grape Seed Extracts, MSM, Saw Palmetto,|
|HIMS Hair Growth For Men||Thinning Hair||Biotin|
What hair growth pills work best?
The hair growth pills that work best are those that contain the perfect blend of vitamins, Omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid, amino acids, minerals, and other nutrients.
The best hair growth supplements for thickness and softness are those that contain these nutrients in their ingredient list:
Vitamin E: Vitamin E is a known antioxidant. As sometimes, oxidants are the main culprits for breaking down hair and skin cells, consuming a lot of vitamin E can help repair damage.
This vitamin is also known to help restore the collagen in skin and hair tissue, increasing their elasticity.
Vitamin C: Just like vitamin E, vitamin C is also a powerful antioxidant that reduces hair loss due to free radicals and increases collagen production.
Also, vitamin C can increase iron absorption in the body. As anemia can be one of the major causes of hair loss, vitamin C capsules are hair growth pills that actually work.
Vitamin B: Biotin, riboflavin, etc., are some B-group vitamins that work wonders for your hair.
If you’re deficient in biotin, hair loss and brittle nails might be some common symptoms.
Plus, biotin is the building block for keratin (the protein which hair strands are made up of). So a daily dose is super-essential if you want a full head of hair.
DHT blockers: A hormone called DHT ( a derivative of testosterone called dihydrotestosterone, abundant in most men) is responsible for hair loss and baldness.
So make sure the supplements you take are rich in natural DHT blockers such as saw palmetto.
There are several shampoos and conditioners with DHT blockers that can help too.
If the task of sorting the active ingredients, checking the label, and finding the best supplements for hair growth and thickness seems daunting to you, don’t fret.
I am here to help.
Check out this list of the best hair growth pills for men we’ve reviewed, and choose the dietary supplements that suits you according to your needs, budget, and more.
Here they are!
Top Hair Growth Pills for Men 2022
Before I tested and reviewed the top hair growth pills for men, I asked our resident medical expert Dr Bhavika to give me some pointers on what exactly should men (and also I) look for when it comes to hair growth supplements. She had the following points to say:
- According to Dr Bhavika, “men with a history of prostate disease should avoid saw palmetto, a common ingredient in vitamins. It should also be avoided if you’ve had a heart attack and have been prescribed blood thinners.”
- She also adds that “CoQ10 should be used carefully in patients who are on medication for diabetes or hypertension. It can also cause a drop in blood pressure or sugar levels.”
- Another interesting point she offered was that “counting the number of strands you lose each day is impractical. An easy way to know if your hair has weakened is to grip a few, tug on them gently, and see how many hairs fall out. If you see an increase in the number after this test, or notice hair on your pillow when you wake up, it means you’re actively losing more hair than normal.“
- Apart from hair fall, other indicators that you might need these tablets are dull hair, loss of shine, or any change in hair texture such as increased dryness or frizziness.
- When it comes to vitamins, too much can be just as dangerous as too little. It’s important to take tablets in the recommended dose only. An excess dose can end up making the hair strands weaker. This is especially true for vitamin A.
- A healthy diet has the dual benefit of reducing hair fall and preventing greying of hair. Zinc and vitamin B12 supplements are also particularly helpful in this regard.
- According to Dr Bhavika, “…ultimately, hair is keratin – a protein. So including adequate protein in your diet should be your primary concern. This would be anywhere between 0.8-1.2 grams per kg of body weight depending on your level of activity throughout the day.”
- She also says that “although eggs and lean meat are typically promoted as conventional high-protein foods, vegetarians can opt for milk, nuts, legumes, and tofu.“
- Vitamin tablets are typically recommended to be taken for around 3 to 6 months. It’s unwise to continue taking them for longer although people sometimes continue to take them for years on end. You just remember that even though these products are natural, they are a concentrated form of vitamins, much higher than what you would get from a regular meal. Hence, they can cause adverse effects in the long term if used indiscriminately.
- If you continue to experience hairfall you may need some additional blood tests to detect the exact cause and treat it.
- When I asked her about the scientific studies backing the use of these supplements she remarked that “Search is still ongoing to understand the exact role of supplements in treating hair loss. They only form one part of the treatment and may not be sufficient on their own especially if you have male pattern hair loss.“
- To pick a supplement, you have to know what type of hair loss you have. If you have a receding hairline or a bald spot at the top of your head, natural DHT blockers are beneficial. If you simply notice a generalised thinning of the hair, multivitamins are more helpful.
Viviscal Man Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets
Best Drug Free Hair Growth Pills For Men
The first on the list of the best hair growth pills for men is the Viviscal Extra Strength Hair Nutrient Tablets.
And boy, do these pills deliver! I liked how these capsules are completely drug-free and contain only natural ingredients.
To top that, they’re also clinically tested. So you can be sure that these are hair growth pills that actually work.
On the label, you’ll find zinc, minerals, vitamin C, flaxseed extracts, and horsetail stem extracts.
All of these ingredients are some of the best for hair growth.
You can be assured of its effectiveness as 75 percent of users taking Viviscal for men tablets reported a sharp decline in hair loss.
All you need to do is take two pills a day to give your thin treses and balding head a healthy boost!
These vitamins for hair penetrate deep into your scalp and follicles, adding shine and preventing breakage.
- 100 percent drug free formula makes sure there are no side effects
- Contains DHT blockers that help decrease hair loss due to hormonal issues
- The AminoCollagen complex thickens hair as well as promoting growth
- It takes a long time to show results
- It causes some digestive issues but I am not sure if it’s related to the tablets
- Hair Growth Ability – 4.5/5
- Other Benefits For Hair – 4.5.5
- Ingredients and Formula – 5/5
- Price – 4/5
When I first heard about this product, I was really skeptical. But as my hair loss was getting bad, I thought I’ll give Viviscal a try! And boy was it a good decision. It took only 2 weeks and I could already see tiny hairs growing in my bald spot. Yes, it might take a year or two to fill in the large bald patch on my head completely. But Visviscal is for the long haul!– Ron Jerome
Nutrafol Core for Men
Best Vitamin Hair Growth Pills For Men
Another drug-free hair growth pills that actually work are these by Nutrafol Men.
These pills are packed with hair growth vitamins for men, including vitamin A, C, D, various minerals, and a dose of biotin.
There are also several botanicals like ashwagandha, curcumin, saw palmetto, and more.
Saw palmetto is a powerful, natural DHT blocker that aids hair growth for men.
So not only do these pills boost hair growth, they put a pause on certain hormonal causes for hair loss.
If you’re someone experiencing hair loss due to hormonal issues, genetic male pattern baldness, lifestyle habits, etc., these supplements might be the best hair growth pills for you.
They penetrate right into the follicles to nourish your mane.
- The supplements are 100 percent drug free so can be used by anyone
- Contains collagen and biotin that help thicken hair
- Helps balance gut mircobiome for better absorption of nutrients
- Very expensive
- Works well on hair thickness but doesn’t do much for quick hair growth
- Hair Growth Ability – 4/5
- Other Benefits For Hair – 5/5
- Ingredients and Formula – 5/5
- Price – 3.5/5
I track the progress of my hair growth, whenever I’m using a new product. And with Nutrafol, I got back years and years worth of hair back in just 4 months! All I had to do was take 2 pills along with my lunch. But, it might take until the second month for the hair growth to be noticeable. I didn’t experience any side effects while taking these pills. So go for it guys! I actually felt my overall health improving after taking Nutrafol. So it was a win for me!– Danny Brecker
Be Biotin Capsules For Hair Growth for Men
Best Biotin Hair Growth Pills For Men
There are several ways to get the required amount of hair vitamins – food, supplements, and topical medications.
If you have a biotin deficiency in your diet, you might be susceptible to more hair loss and damage. The solution? Try these Be Biotin Hair Growth Capsules.
Biotin is no less than a wonder drug these days in the hair care world. So it’s no wonder that some of the best supplements for hair growth and thickness are so expensive.
But not Be Biotin! They come in a bottle of 35 capsules at a super-affordable price.
I liked how it’s not all about the biotin either with these pills.
These hair growth vitamins for men also contain minerals and powerful herbal complex that includes African tree bark, ashwagandha, and DHT blockers in the form of saw palmetto.
- Drug-free, GMO-free quick release supplements
- Contains biotin that helps promote keratin and collagen production in hair strands
- Can be used by people with gluten allergy
- Doesn’t directly effect hair growth
- Hair Growth Ability – 3.5/5
- Other Benefits For Hair – 4/5
- Ingredients and Formula – 5/5
- Price – 4/5
Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Supplement
Best Hair Growth Pills For Men With Alopecia
The Phyto Phytophanère Hair and Nails Dietary Supplements are among the most popular and best hair growth pills for men available in the market today.
One of the reasons for its popularity is the affordability, and another is that these pills are good for both men and women to use.
Every tablet is packed with ingredients best for hair growth, such as vitamin E, fatty acids, biotin, and keratin.
I really liked how its formula is not only effective but also 100% drug-free. It’s clinically proven to work too!
If you’re suffering from alopecia, then these supplements hair growth tablets are a great pick. And why just hair?
These tablets help boost skin, nails, and general well being as well. They nourish your tresses right from the root of the follicles to the tip.
I just have one issue with these Phyto Supplements. They contain fish oil and hence are not vegetarian.
But if that isn’t an issue, you can go for these pills!
Hairfinity Healthy Hair Vitamins Supplements
Best Vegan Hair Growth Pills For Men
Okay, we’ll bite. These aren’t technically pills, but gummy vitamins. But when it comes to the Hairfinity Hair Vitamins, reviews and users swear by it.
And rightly so! These gummies are packed with minerals and hydrolyzed collagen, amino acids, and of course, 2500mcg of biotin.
Guess what? It comes in this delicious flavors too! These hair growth vitamins for men are also gluten-free and non-GMO.
Taking these gummies regularly will leave you with a softer and thicker mane.
But if you have severe hair loss problems like alopecia, I suggest you try something more powerful.
Follicaide Finasteride Hair Loss Treatment
Best DHT Blocking Hair Growth Pills For Men
Okay, if you’re looking for quickness and efficiency, the Follicaide tablets might be the best hair growth pills for men out there.
The formula contains a mix of powerful herbs like Gotu kola, ginkgo Biloba, horsetail extracts, saw palmetto, and more.
The DHT blockers, zinc, biotin, Finasteride and vitamin blend make Follicaide among the natural supplements for male pattern baldness.
If your hair is thinning at the sides and the widow’s peak is getting more prominent, you should try out these capsules.
The main ingredient here that helps with faster hair growth is Finasteride.
I really liked how the formula is gluten-free and vegetarian. So people with dietary restrictions can also consume these pills.
Haircore XL Hair Growth For Men
Best Hair Growth Pills For Men With Male Pattern Baldness
Like biotin and DHT blockers, a lot has been said about the botanical coq10 and hair loss. This enzyme is supposed to reduce hair thinning and boost hair growth in both men and women.
What’s more, all the Haircore XL reviews talk about how it helps treat hair loss due to alopecia areata, genetic baldness, stress, etc.
It’s not just best for hair growth in men but also treats hair loss due to postpartum and hormonal issues in women as well.
This combination of vitamins, minerals, botanicals, DHT blockers, and fruit and vegetable extracts earn these liquid capsules a place on our list of the best hair growth pills for men.
Together, these ingredients make your tresses soft, healthy, and long.
DasGro Hair Growth Vitamins
Best Hair Growth Pills For Men And Women
The last name on our list of hair growth pills for men is DasGro. The reason why I included them?
These supplements are FDA-approved, made with only natural ingredients, and cruelty-free too!
Like the best supplements for hair growth and thickness, these tablets also contain a blend of vitamins, minerals, and ingredients like ginkgo Biloba, grape seed extracts, and green tea.
There’s also DHT blockers in the form of saw palmetto.
But I should give you a heads up. These pills need to be taken for a longer time. So don’t expect results to be visible until the third or fourth month.
HIMS Complete Hair Kit
Best Gummy Hair Growth Pills For Men
Gummy vitamins are all the rage these days when it comes to hair supplements.
These hair gummies contain all the necessary vitamins like biotin, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B7, A, etc. that are needed for healthy hair growth, along with a host of other nutrients.
They not only give you stronger hair and help in new hair production, but these vitamin, but these gummies boost hair thickness and nourish dry hair in weeks.
You can choose either the HIMS hair growth gummies only or opt for a complete hair growth pack that comes with a DHT blocking shampoo and conditioner along with the supplements.
These leave your hair healthy, soft, and thick in no time. Male pattern baldness? What’s that?
What are the best food for hair growth in men?
Looking for the best hair growth supplements for men? The best way to ensure their efficiency is by making sure you eat the right diet along with these pills.
I think that the best supplements for hair growth and thickness is nutrient-rich foods. The best food for hair growth are items rich in:
Zinc: Zinc deficiency can lead to severe hair loss conditions such as alopecia. So a supplement with adequate zinc is the best for hair growth in men.
Selenium: This trace mineral is responsible for hair growth and pigmentation. Make sure any hair growth supplement you take contains enough selenium. Its benefits are not just about hair loss but greying as well.
Iron: Iron deficiency or anemia is linked to hair loss and poor scalp health. So the best hair growth pills for men contain this mineral.
And that’s a wrap! Here, I have given you a list of the best hair growth pills for men.
These supplements work wonders in giving you a longer, thicker mane!
Some of these are not only best for hair growth, but they also help with other skin and hair problems.
Just remember that the hair growth journey takes time.
Give these supplements a few months at the least to work their magic. In the meantime, eat healthy and stay stress-free!
Viviscal Men's Hair Growth Supplements
The best hair growth pills for men prevent hair loss, add thickness to thinning hair and boost new hair follicles growth. Viviscal Men's Hair Growth Supplements are natural, safe, and effective.
Product SKU: ML4HK2429TG2
Product Brand: Viviscal
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $33.00
Price Valid Until: 2022-05-15
Product In-Stock: InStock
- Drug-free supplements that are good for hair
- Help with thickening hair as well
- Contains DHT blockers that prevent hair loss
- Can take time to work