Going bald? Can hair grow back after balding naturally? Well, in this article I’ve given you all the information on how to regrow hair on bald spot fast!
Many men wonder can their hair grow back after balding?
This article is going to answer that question and dispel all the myths around balding for you.
Maybe you have a history of baldness in your family and are experiencing hair loss in your younger years. Or maybe you’ve just noticed the first signs of a bald spot forming.
Either way, this article is going to show you how to treat the symptoms of balding.
- Related: How to Stop Hair Loss
- Related: What Can Cause Hair Loss
- Related: How To Prevent Receding Hairline
Our hair is precious to us. When it starts to disappear it can really knock the confidence. Reports have shown that 38% of UK men said that hair loss and balding made them feel depressed.
Check out our pick for hair loss products here. These are what we have used.
Can Hair Grow Back After Balding Naturally
Why Do Men Go Bald?
One of the main reasons men go bald is from a hereditary condition called androgenetic alopecia. This is more commonly called male pattern baldness.
An inherited condition, its caused by having hair follicles that are sensitive to the male hormone dihydrotestosterone (DHT).
Because of this sensitivity, the affected hair follicles shrink over time decreasing their lifespan. Eventually, these follicles will cease hair regeneration causing male pattern baldness.
Other factors that contribute to hair fall are stress, bad diet, lifestyle and certain types of medications.
Can Hair Grow Back After Balding?
To begin, you have to determine whether your hair loss is due to thinning or actual balding.
Once you know the cause of your hair loss, you can take the best course of action for you. Baldness and thinning will be treated in different ways.
Ask yourself these questions;
- Does balding run in the family? This could point to male pattern baldness which is a genetic condition.
- Do you have a receding hair line or loss of hair on the crown? Hair loss in these areas generally points to baldness. More random hair loss may point to hair thinning.
- Are you entering your twilight years? As we get older, hair will naturally thin and may not mean you’re going bald.
- Do you have an extremely stressful lifestyle? Stress is a cause of hair loss in men and women. Try decreasing stress levels if you notice your hair thinning.
- Do you take any medications or suffer from any medical conditions? Hormonal and chemical imbalances, thyroid problems and some other medical conditions can cause hair loss.
- Is your diet and lifestyle unhealthy? An unhealthy diet low in essential vitamins can contribute to hair thinning.
- Have you recently had a dramatic weight loss? Dramatic and sudden weight loss has been known to cause hair thinning and hair loss.
If you’ve determined you are actually going bald, not just experiencing hair thinning, you have a few options.
Being in the later stages of male pattern baldness means there are less options available. But, all is not lost! You can use slightly more invasive treatments like follicular unit extraction (FUE) treatment or hair plugs.
If you’re in the early to middle stages of male pattern baldness (i.e. a small bald spot or a receding hairline) there are multiple treatment options available with great success rates.
Best Proven Hair Loss Treatments for Balding
Two of the best treatments for male pattern baldness are minoxidil and finasteride.
Minoxidil is a topical treatment that works by promoting blood flow to the hair follicles. It was originally used as a blood pressure medication, which came with a side effect – excessive hair growth!
Studies have shown a 64% success rate for people using minoxidil for balding.
Finasteride is generally an oral medication that works by inhibiting the formation of DHT in the bloodstream. DHT is the male hormone that is the main cause of male pattern baldness.
Reports show finasteride to have an impressive 84% success rate. But it’s important to understand that results will vary person to person and may take up to 6 months to show.
Using these treatments, it’s likely you can prevent any further balding and may see an increase in hair growth.
Talk to your doctor about these hair loss treatments.
How To Regrow Hair On Bald Spot Fast
The best way to regrow hair on bald spot will depend on your specific circumstances. However, some tips that may help include:
- Consuming high levels of vitamin B12 – This nutrient is essential for the growth and maintenance of hair follicles. Some foods that are rich in vitamin B12 include meats, dairy products, and eggs.
- Taking supplements containing biotin – This mineral is also essential for hair growth, and can be found in supplements such as minoxidil or finasteride.
- Fasting – Fasting can help to increase the levels of hormones that promote hair growth. In addition, it can help to reduce inflammation and stress levels, both of which can contribute to hair loss.
- Exercising regularly – Aerobic exercise has been shown to promote hair growth by increasing blood flow and oxygen levels to the scalp.
But if you want instant hair regrowth, the best way can be to use topical medication. The most effective hair regrowth medicine for bald spots is minoxidil. This compound is scientifically proven to improve androgenetic alopecia in both men and women through many pathways including improving blood circulation.
Is There A Natural Method To Reduce Baldness In Men?
The best way to reduce baldness in men naturally will vary depending on the individual’s hair loss and scalp condition. However, some general tips that may help include:
- Taking supplements – Some supplements, like CoQ10, may help to increase the production of hair growth proteins, which can help to prevent baldness.
- Applied heat – Heat therapy (such as using a hot towel or sauna) has been shown to help stimulate hair growth and improve circulation, which can lead to a thicker hair coat.
- Shampooing with biotin – Biotin is a nutrient that is important for hair growth and can be found in many hair products. When shampooed into the scalp, biotin may help to promote cell regeneration and promote healthy hair growth.
- Use Rogaine or minoxidil – These topical medications are available over the counter and are used to treat male pattern baldness by increasing the number of hairs in the bald areas. Rogaine specifically also helps to thicken hair shafts and slow down the rate of hair loss.
If you are unsure whether any of these methods are right for you, please consult with a medical professional for more information on how they could help you reduce baldness in men.
Other Hair Loss Treatments to Consider
Taking medications for hair loss are not the only option for balding. There are many other recommended hair loss treatments worth trying out. Here are some more options;
- Steroid injections
- Steroid creams
- Laser treatment
- Hair transplant surgery
- Artificial hair transplant
- Hair tattooing
FAQs on Regrowing Hair on Bald Spots on Head
What are some natural ingredients for hair growth and thickness?
There is no one definitive answer to this question since everyone’s hair type is different and needs different ingredients for optimal results. However, some of the more popular ingredients that are often recommended for hair growth and thickness include:
Fish oil – This nutrient is essential for overall health and can help to promote hair growth by improving the production of hormones and prostaglandins.
Olive oil – This healthy oil can help to improve circulation in the scalp, which in turn helps to promote hair growth.
Coconut oil – Coconut oil has been shown to be a natural moisturizer and conditioner, which can help to keep the scalp healthy and promote hair growth.
Ginseng extract – This ingredient has been shown to improve circulation in the scalp and boost hair growth.
What is the best home remedy for hair loss?
The best home remedy for hair loss will vary depending on the cause and severity of your hair loss. But here are some home remedies/tips that you can follow:
Consume plenty of fruits and vegetables – A diet rich in fruits and vegetables has been shown to help support healthy hair follicles. These foods are also high in antioxidants, which can help protect your hair from damage and promote regrowth.
Avoid using harsh chemicals on your hair – Many hair care products contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair follicles and lead to hair loss. Try to stick to natural ingredients instead, or use products that are specifically designed to treat hair loss.
Get enough sleep – A lack of sleep can lead to a number of health problems, including hair loss. Make sure to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night to help support healthy hair growth.
Exercise regularly – Exercise has been shown to promote healthy hair growth by helping improve circulation and reduce inflammation. If you are struggling with hair loss, exercise may be the key solution you have been looking for!
Can Hair Grow Back After Balding – Final Thoughs
Male pattern baldness is an inherited condition. If steps are taken early enough, it is possible to stop the signs of balding.
Minoxidil and finasteride are the two most successful treatments that may prevent further hair loss in balding men.
Talk with your doctor to see if these medications would be right for you.