“Exploring the differences between hair blend and human hair? Learn the distinctions in quality, durability, and styling options. Make informed choices when it comes to hair extensions and wigs. Discover ‘Differences Between Hair Blend and Human Hair’ in our comprehensive guide.”
When it comes to hair extensions, there is a wide variety of options available, each with its own unique characteristics.
Two popular choices are human hair and hair blend extensions. While they might seem similar at first glance, there are distinct differences between these two types of extensions.
In this article, we’ll delve into the top 10 differences between hair blend and human hair, discuss their pros and cons, and provide guidance on how to choose the right type for your needs.
Differences Between Hair Blend and Human Hair
T frontal wig— Hair and beauty products vendor (PBD/0430) (@floshylopez) August 18, 2023
Human hair blend
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions are made entirely from real human hair, collected from donors and processed to create extensions that closely mimic natural hair.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions are a combination of human hair and synthetic fibers. The proportion of human hair and synthetic fibers varies depending on the manufacturer and product.
2. Texture and Feel:
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions have a natural texture and feel that closely resembles your own hair. They are soft, smooth, and can be styled with heat tools.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions may feel slightly different due to the presence of synthetic fibers. They might be less natural to the touch and can have a shinier appearance.
3. Styling Versatility:
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions offer high styling versatility. You can curl, straighten, and even dye them to match your desired look.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions are less heat-resistant and may not hold styles as well as human hair. Synthetic fibers in the blend can melt when exposed to high heat.
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions tend to be more durable and long-lasting than hair blend extensions, especially if properly cared for.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions are generally less durable and may have a shorter lifespan due to the inclusion of synthetic fibers.
5. Tangling and Shedding:
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions, when taken care of, experience minimal tangling and shedding.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions are more prone to tangling and shedding, especially the synthetic fibers within the blend.
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions require regular maintenance similar to your natural hair. They need to be washed, conditioned, and styled.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions also require maintenance, but they may be slightly less demanding compared to pure human hair extensions.
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions can be dyed to match your desired hair color. However, the dyeing process should be approached with caution to avoid damage.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions cannot be dyed as easily as human hair. Synthetic fibers do not take dye well and can result in uneven color results.
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions are generally more expensive due to their authentic origin, durability, and styling versatility.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions are typically more affordable, making them a budget-friendly option for those seeking extensions.
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions offer a more natural appearance that seamlessly blends with your own hair.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions may look less natural, especially upon close inspection, due to the presence of synthetic fibers.
10. Heat Resistance:
– Human Hair: Human hair extensions can withstand heat styling tools, allowing you to create various hairstyles.
– Hair Blend: Hair blend extensions have limited heat resistance due to the synthetic fibers. High heat can damage the synthetic components.
Synthetic vs Human blend hair 🤩 pic.twitter.com/sCD7yGLU39— Wanderer.🌞 (@Za_Kameleon) January 14, 2021
Hair Blend vs Human Hair Extensions: Which One Do I Choose?
The choice between hair blend and human hair extensions ultimately depends on your priorities, preferences, and budget. Here are some factors to consider when making your decision:
– Natural Look and Feel: If achieving a natural look and feel is your top priority, human hair extensions are the better choice. They seamlessly blend with your own hair and offer styling versatility.
– Budget: Hair blend extensions are more budget-friendly, making them suitable for those looking for a cost-effective option.
– Styling Options: If you plan to style your extensions frequently and use heat tools, human hair extensions are the safer choice due to their heat resistance and ability to hold styles.
– Durability: For extensions that will last longer and withstand regular wear, human hair extensions are the superior option.
– Color Matching: If you need to match a specific hair color, human hair extensions can be dyed to achieve a perfect match. Hair blend extensions may not offer the same level of color customization.
– Maintenance: Both types of extensions require maintenance, but human hair extensions may need more care to maintain their quality.
– Occasion: Consider the occasion for which you’ll be wearing the extensions. If it’s a short-term event, hair blend extensions might suffice. For long-term use or special occasions, human hair extensions are recommended.
Does Human Hair Blend Tangle More Than Pure Human Hair Extensions?
Yes, hair blend extensions are generally more prone to tangling compared to pure human hair extensions.
The presence of synthetic fibers in hair blend extensions can contribute to tangling, especially when exposed to factors like wind, friction, and movement. Synthetic fibers have a smoother texture than natural human hair, which can lead to them intertwining and becoming knotted.
Pure human hair extensions, when taken care of properly, tend to tangle less and offer a smoother and more natural feel. Regular brushing, gentle handling, and proper maintenance can help minimize tangling in both human hair and hair blend extensions.
How to Maintain Human Hair Blend Extensions
Proper maintenance is essential to ensure the longevity and quality of your human hair blend extensions. Here are some tips to help you care for your extensions:
1. Gentle Brushing: Use a wide-tooth comb or a specialized extension brush to gently detangle your extensions, starting from the ends and working your way up.
2. Washing: Wash your extensions with sulfate-free and paraben-free shampoos and conditioners. Use lukewarm water and avoid vigorously scrubbing the extensions.
3. Conditioning: Apply a lightweight conditioner to the mid-lengths and ends of the extensions. Avoid applying conditioner to the roots, as it can weigh down the hair and cause greasiness.
4. Drying: Gently squeeze excess water from the extensions using a soft towel. Avoid rubbing or twisting the hair, as this can cause tangling. Allow the extensions to air dry on a towel or a drying rack.
5. Styling: Use heat styling tools on the lowest heat setting and apply a heat protectant before styling. Avoid excessive heat to prevent damage to the synthetic fibers in hair blend extensions.
6. Storage: When not in use, store your extensions in a cool and dry place. Use a hair extension hanger or a storage container to prevent tangling and maintain their shape.
7. Detangling: Regularly detangle your extensions using a gentle comb or brush. Hold the extensions at the roots to provide support while detangling.
8. Nighttime Care: Before sleeping, braid or twist your extensions to prevent tangling and friction during sleep.
9. Avoid Chlorine and Saltwater: Avoid swimming in chlorinated or saltwater while wearing extensions, as these can damage both human hair and synthetic fibers.
Can Human Hair Blend Be Dyed?
Hair blend extensions are less suitable for dyeing compared to pure human hair extensions. The synthetic fibers in hair blend extensions do not readily accept hair dye, and attempts to dye them may result in uneven or undesirable color outcomes.
Pure human hair extensions, on the other hand, can be dyed to match your desired hair color or to achieve a new look.
However, it’s essential to exercise caution when dyeing human hair extensions. Seek the assistance of a professional colorist or stylist who has experience working with extensions to ensure a successful and even coloring process.
How to Distinguish Natural Human Hair, Human Hair Blend, and Synthetic Hair
Distinguishing between natural human hair, human hair blend, and synthetic hair can be challenging, but there are some key characteristics to look for:
1. Texture and Feel:
– Natural Human Hair: Feels soft, smooth, and similar to your own hair.
– Human Hair Blend: May feel slightly different, with a less natural texture and possible shininess.
– Synthetic Hair: Often feels smoother and has a plastic-like texture.
2. Heat Resistance:
– Natural Human Hair: Resistant to heat styling tools and can be curled or straightened.
– Human Hair Blend: Less heat-resistant due to the presence of synthetic fibers.
– Synthetic Hair: Not heat-resistant; exposure to high heat can melt and damage synthetic hair.
6F27 in Human Hair VS Synthetic — see the difference?— Patti (@pattispearls) August 4, 2023
Human Hair is most often warmer in tone than synthetic hair. Even if both hair pieces are by the same manufacturer and have the same color name, they still appear different. This difference be slight to significant. pic.twitter.com/baOeheuJ2e
3. Color Variations:
– Natural Human Hair: Available in a wide range of colors, including natural shades.
– Human Hair Blend: Typically available in a range of colors, but less customizable than pure human hair.
– Synthetic Hair: Often comes in pre-set colors that may not be as natural-looking.
4. Tangling and Shedding:
– Natural Human Hair: Experiences minimal tangling and shedding with proper care.
– Human Hair Blend: More prone to tangling and shedding than pure human hair.
– Synthetic Hair: Prone to tangling and shedding, especially with regular use.
5. Styling Versatility:
– Natural Human Hair: Highly versatile; can be styled with heat tools and holds styles well.
– Human Hair Blend: Less versatile due to limited heat resistance and may not hold styles as effectively.
– Synthetic Hair: Limited styling options, as heat styling tools can damage synthetic fibers.
– Natural Human Hair: Generally the most expensive due to its authenticity, quality, and versatility.
– Human Hair Blend: Moderately priced, offering a balance between quality and affordability.
– Synthetic Hair: Typically the most affordable option.
7. Burning Test:
– Natural Human Hair: Burns with the scent of burning hair and forms ash.
– Human Hair Blend: May burn similarly to natural human hair but may also exhibit characteristics of burning synthetic fibers.
– Synthetic Hair: Burns with a plastic-like smell and melts into a sticky residue.
Is Human Hair More Expensive Than Human Hair Blend?
Yes, pure human hair extensions are generally more expensive than human hair blend extensions. The higher cost of human hair extensions is primarily due to the authenticity and quality of the hair.
Human hair extensions closely mimic natural hair, offering a natural look, feel, and styling versatility. They are also more durable and can withstand heat styling.
On the other hand, human hair blend extensions are a more budget-friendly option. They contain a combination of human hair and synthetic fibers, which reduces the cost while providing a decent compromise between affordability and quality.
When choosing between human hair and human hair blend extensions, consider your budget, styling preferences, and desired durability.
While human hair extensions come at a premium price, they offer a higher level of authenticity and versatility. Human hair blend extensions are a suitable choice for those looking for a more affordable option with acceptable quality.
Why You Should Trust Haireveryday?
The author of this article, Leah Marie Priest has a degree in Cosmetology with years of experience in dealing with hair care, scalp care, and hairstyling. As someone who extensively deals with all kinds of hair textures, products, styling methods and more, hair Leah Marie knows what kind of products and procedures suit each hair type and person. We have also tested these hair products and processes ourselves to provide you an unbiased review about every product. Each of our articles are also reviewed by a team of medical professionals so that you get the most accurate and expert-reviewed information.