It’s recommended you use a dry shampoo for keratin treated hair as washing it with regular sulfate-free shampoo can still reduce its longevity.
If you are here, I am sure you have gone through a keratin hair treatment and are looking for dry shampoos that will help you a great deal.
Well, I mean, after investing loads of money and time for shiny and silky smooth hair, you must make sure of the best ways to maintain that smoothness and silkiness for as long as it can last.
Also, as you are looking for an after treatment product, as it is going to your keratin treated strands’ lifesavers, you need to be exceptionally picky.
Adding further, you definitely shouldn’t go for the commercial shampoos without giving them a proper check as they might contain harsh detergents and even keratin dissolving chemicals.
So, that’s why I have come to the picture to rescue your keratin treated hair and give them what they really deserve.
Here’s a list of some of the best dry shampoos for your hair that will work magic. Dive in and give them all a look.
|Name of the Dry Shampoos||Best Suitable for||Major Ingredients|
|Batiste Dry Shampoo||Oily Hair||Butane, Alcohol denat, Propane, Isobutane, Oryza Sativa Starch (Rice)|
|Klorane Dry Shampoo||Oily Hair||Oat Kernel Oil Extracts, Rice Starch Extracts, Isobutane, Alcohol|
|No nothing Very Sensitive Dry Shampoo||Dry Hair||Rice Starch Extracts, Hydrated Silica, Butane, Alcohol Denat|
|Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones||Normal Hair||Rice Starch Extracts, Argan Kernel Oil, Water, Alcohol Denat, Butane|
|Dry Shampoos For Keratin-treated Hair||Batiste Dry Shampoo||Klorane Dry Shampoo||No Nothing Very Sensitive Dry Shampoo ||Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones|
|Price||Affordable||Affordable||Slightly Expensive||Slightly Expensive|
How I Narrowed the Products Down to these Specific Dry Shampoos and Rated Them?
Okay, so before I start on which dry shampoos to take, I would like you to know that there are truckloads of dry shampoos out there promising you the best but don’t actually deliver the same.
That’s why I chose the top and most popular brands and then narrowed the list down to just four based on the following criteria. Finally, I came up with the dry shampoos that will actually help you with your keratin treated hair.
Helping the keratin treatment prolong-
The obvious thing that I checked first was if it is really helping me with maintaining my keratin treated hair. I mean, the brands claim to help but do it really? So, I checked it off first on my list.
Carefully checking the ingredients-
While not all brands do this, many brands out there who claim to offer a keratin replenishing element, have sulfates present in them. So, reading the ingredients of the shampoo clearly helped me eliminate a lot of the products.
Looking for KISS products-
Before you take KISS as that smooch, let me tell you that it is Keratin Infused Shampoo Selections. Another thing I saw in these dry shampoos was the additional keratin replenishing elements. Although it is not necessary for you as well, these products offer better care for keratin treated hair.
It will basically work as a shield to your strands!
Top Dry Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair 2023
How to Choose A Dry Shampoo For Keratin Treated Hair
Choosing the right dry shampoo for keratin-treated hair requires careful consideration to ensure that you maintain the health and longevity of your keratin treatment. Here’s a guide to help you make an informed choice:
- Sulfate-Free Formulas: Opt for a dry shampoo that is sulfate-free. Sulfates can strip away the keratin treatment and natural oils from your hair, leading to premature fading and dryness.
- Alcohol-Free: Avoid dry shampoos containing high levels of alcohol as they can also contribute to dryness and damage to your treated hair.
- Lightweight and Residue-Free: Look for a dry shampoo that is lightweight and leaves minimal residue. Some dry shampoos can leave a powdery or chalky residue that might not blend well with your keratin-treated hair.
- Non-Aerosol Options: Consider non-aerosol dry shampoos, as they often have gentler formulas and are less likely to interfere with your keratin treatment.
- Ingredients: Choose a dry shampoo with ingredients that promote hair health, such as natural oils (like argan or jojoba oil) that nourish your hair without compromising the keratin treatment.
- Color-Blended Options: If you have colored or highlighted hair, consider a dry shampoo that is color-blended to match your hair shade. This can help prevent any visible residue and maintain the vibrancy of your hair color.
- Test and Observe: Before using any new dry shampoo, do a patch test on a small section of your hair to ensure that it doesn’t negatively affect your keratin-treated hair.
- Consult Your Stylist: Your hairstylist or the professional who performed the keratin treatment can provide specific recommendations based on your hair type and the treatment used.
Remember that individual experiences can vary, so it’s a good idea to start with a small amount of the chosen dry shampoo and gradually incorporate it into your routine to observe how your keratin-treated hair responds.
Why Is It Better to Use Dry Shampoo On Keratin Treated Hair
Using dry shampoo on keratin-treated hair can offer several benefits and help maintain the health and longevity of your keratin treatment:
- Less Frequent Washing: Keratin treatments are known to provide smoother and frizz-free hair that lasts for weeks. Using traditional shampoo and water too frequently can strip away the natural oils and the keratin treatment itself, leading to faster fading and reduced results. Dry shampoo allows you to refresh your hair between washes without compromising the treatment.
- Preserves Natural Oils: Keratin-treated hair tends to be smoother and less prone to oiliness. Dry shampoo absorbs excess oil at the roots, extending the time between washes and preserving the beneficial natural oils in your hair.
- Avoiding Water Exposure: Many keratin treatments recommend avoiding water exposure for a certain period after the treatment. Dry shampoo allows you to keep your hair looking fresh without the need for traditional washing.
- Minimizes Heat Styling: Frequent washing can lead to more heat styling to maintain the desired look. Dry shampoo reduces the need for excessive heat styling, which can contribute to hair damage over time.
- Adds Volume and Texture: Dry shampoo can add volume and texture to keratin-treated hair, which might become flatter over time due to the smoothing effect of the treatment.
- Extends Longevity: By reducing the frequency of traditional washing, dry shampoo can help extend the longevity of your keratin treatment, ensuring you enjoy the benefits for a longer period.
When using dry shampoo on keratin-treated hair, it’s important to choose a product that is suitable for your hair type and the specific treatment you’ve received. Look for sulfate-free, alcohol-free, and lightweight formulas to ensure that your keratin-treated hair remains healthy and vibrant. Always follow the usage instructions and consult with your hairstylist if you have any doubts or questions.
Batiste Dry Shampoo
I reviewed this dry shampoo as Batiste is one of the most talked about hair product brands. So, I first bought this product, but just the trial pack. However, now I feel I should have bought the full size one because this works amazingly on my hair.
I have a slightly oily scalp and relatively thin hair, so I used Batiste’s Bare for freshening them up in between washings. Well, it does work, and I also realized that it adds volume to my hair.
There are no visible flakes or residue that you typically get in a dozen of other products.
But one thing that you would need to do while applying this on your hair is don’t apply it too much at once. Take it slow, and it will give you the best and desired results throughout the day.
I found that the only downside for me was its fragrance, which I thought with the title “bare” would be light as it claims, but it is rather strong for me. However, my friends were really happy about the scent.
- It gets rid of the excess oil or grease in the roots
- It helps in maintaining the volume of hair
- It’s a light formula on your scalp, leaving back no residue
- I won’t recommend it to people with sensitivity to scents
- Prolonging the keratin treatment– 4/5
- Drying Power- 4.7/5
- Volume Control- 4.5/5
Klorane Dry Shampoo
The next on my list is Klorane’s Dry Shampoo with Nettle, which is for oily scalps, but the brand has other similar products too for all types of hair.
All I have to say is you can go through 30 different brands offering the same ingredients, and none will satisfy you more than this particular one. Klorane’s dry shampoos are simply amazing. This particular one is subtle and works incredibly well.
Adding to that, even the fragrance, unlike Batiste, is neutral. You will just love it.
The only thing that I expect from these dry shampoos is to get rid of all the dirt and smell that comes from the scalp and leave no flakes, and this hair product really helps in doing the same.
Adding to that, it adds to the shine and silkiness of my hair, and let’s not forget the volume too. It is one among the best dry shampoos out there.
Also, Klorane and Batiste both brands are both recommended by almost every person using dry shampoos.
The only thing that I didn’t like and probably no one else will is the build-up that it causes, and afterward, it becomes sticky at times too.
- The scent of it is nice and neutral
- It leaves no white residue or flakes behind
- It helps your keratin treated hair maintain its shine
- It leaves build up and after a time becomes a bit sticky too
- Prolonging the keratin treatment- 4/5
- Drying Power- 4/5
- Volume Control- 4/5
No Nothing Very Sensitive Dry Shampoo
Following in the list is this 100% vegan and even asthma approves dry shampoo from No Nothing, and this product does wonders.
The brand claims itself to be hypoallergenic, and the claim seems to be true for sensitive scalps. Adding further, as compared to other similar claiming products, this dry shampoo is a bit less expensive.
Also, it has no fragrance or scent to it, which makes it a rather good product as scents really at times cause headaches and other issues like migraine. The spray doesn’t make your hair feel heavy and keeps you fresh too.
The only not acceptable feeling that you will not like is the white flakes that come with it.
Another thing is that it comes with some metal ball inside of it, and you would need to shake it real good before applying it to your hair, which apparently makes a lot of noise.
- It is hypoallergenic, so quite good for people with sensitive scalp
- It is a lightweight formula
- It has no scent to it
- It leaves white flakes after application
- Prolonging the keratin treatment- 4.2/5
- Drying Power- 4/5
- Volume Control- 3.5/5
Moroccanoil Dry Shampoo Dark Tones
People with dry, dark tones of hair usually hate dry shampoos as they cause white powder, which makes the hair look dull. But since the brand Moroccanoil dropped its dry shampoo for dark tones, it is doing wonders.
Its initial application I saw that it was going to cause some white powder on our strands, but once after you massage it and the scalp absorbs it well, it will disappear.
Also, always remember that using small amounts is the key; I have seen a lot of people emptying half their bottles in just one use.
This dry shampoo takes care of the excess oil of your hair without making it look dull. Adding to that, it doesn’t even weigh down your hair while making your scalp and strands both feel greasy and gross.
I liked how it’s a simple, lightweight formula, and you are just going to love it for your dark toned hair.
- It has an amazing scent
- It makes your hair feel more clean
- It doesn’t strip out your keratin treatment
- It is a bit expensive
- It takes time to settle in your scalp
- Prolonging the keratin treatment- 4/5
- Drying Power- 4/5
- Volume Control- 3/5
Kristin Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo
I recently tried out the Kristin Ess Style Reviving Dry Shampoo, and I must say I’m quite impressed with the results. As someone with oily roots and a busy schedule, a reliable dry shampoo is a must-have in my hair care routine. This dry shampoo not only helped me extend the time between washes but also added a much-needed boost of volume to my hair.
One thing I really appreciate about this dry shampoo is its lightweight texture. It didn’t leave my hair feeling heavy or sticky like some other products I’ve tried in the past. It also didn’t leave any noticeable white residue, which is a big plus, especially for someone with darker hair like mine.
The scent of the Kristin Ess dry shampoo is delightful – not overpowering, but a subtle and pleasant fragrance that lingered throughout the day. It effectively absorbed excess oil from my roots, leaving my hair looking and feeling refreshed.
One of the standout features of this dry shampoo is its ability to add volume. With just a few spritzes at my roots and a little massaging, my hair appeared fuller and more lifted, making it a lifesaver on days when my hair falls a bit flat.
- Lightweight texture that doesn’t weigh down hair.
- No noticeable white residue on darker hair.
- Pleasant and subtle fragrance.
- Effectively absorbs excess oil, leaving hair refreshed.
- Adds noticeable volume to hair.
- The bottle is a bit smaller compared to some other dry shampoos on the market.
- Prolonging the keratin treatment- 4.5/5
- Drying Power- 4/5
- Volume Control- 3.5/5
Wrapping up on the list of dry shampoos for keratin-treated hair
I would like to wrap up this list by saying that you understand your hair better than I do, but these dry shampoos will really help in prolonging your keratin treated hair.
So, I am hoping that by now, you have decided on which of these products to go for according to your needs.
I have tried these dry shampoos, and the effects they had on my keratin treated hair were incredible. And I am hoping that it will do the same wonders on your hair as well.
So, go ahead and try these dry shampoos that will change your keratin treated hair for good and help them keep their shine and glow for longer.
Why You Should Trust Haireveryday?
The author of this article, Leah Marie Priest has a degree in Cosmetology with years of experience in dealing with hair care, scalp care, and hairstyling. As someone who extensively deals with all kinds of hair textures, products, styling methods and more, hair Leah Marie knows what kind of products and procedures suit each hair type and person. We have also tested these hair products and processes ourselves to provide you an unbiased review about every product. Each of our articles are also reviewed by a team of medical professionals so that you get the most accurate and expert-reviewed information.
Klorane Dry Shampoo
The best dry shampoo for keratin treated hair helps clean hair without damage. The Klorane Dry Shampoo is suitable for all hair colors and textures.
Product SKU: KL494Y82RNE41
Product Brand: Klorane
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $10.00
Price Valid Until: 2022-08-24
Product In-Stock: InStock