Let’s settle the debate of Flowbee vs Robocut vs Aircut, once and for all! Here’s how the 3 vacuum haircutting systems compare!
In today’s times where going out to your barber or hairstylist is not feasible anymore, I’ve been looking for a lot of tools that can help men cut their hair at home.
And some of the most popular names I came across was the Flowbee, the Robocut and the Aircut.
Some of you might recognize these names from late-night infomercials and get sceptical about how well these products work.
So I decided to actually test out these products and do a comparison: Flowbee vs Robocut vs Aircut! The results were quite eye-opening. Here see for yourself.
Flowbee vs Robocut vs Aircut Review 2022
First, let’s get down to business and review each of these hair cutting systems. I started off with a Flowbee.
What Is Flowbee
Flowbee on first impression looks quite funny and I can see why some people are hesitant to use it. But these types of hair cutting systems have been around for more than a decade now.
The Flowbee comes with a hair trimming system, several hair guards and a hose that you can connect to any vacuum cleaner. Don’t leave me yet.
All you have to do is switch on the device and the Flowbee cuts your hair automatically without leaving any stray hair behind.
So think of it as a rudimentary, but highly-efficient version of a vacuum hair clipper!
These are the attachment guards that came with the Flowbee. I was excited to see a lot of lengths!
Flowbee Tech Specifications:
- Works with Vacuum of at least 3HP/8amps
- The vacuum hose adapter is universal
- AC 120V transformer
- Comes with a bottle of lubricant, a user guide, and 10 guide attachments
- Attachments vary from ½”-6” in length and come in a variety of styles for tapered haircuts, short layers, single length cuts, and more
Who It’s Good For:
- Families with a large number of kids who need hair cutting
- People who want an easy, mess-free haircut
- People who are looking for practicality and not style from their hair cutting device
Advantages Of Flowbee
- Very efficient and gets rid of hair without causing a mess
- It comes with a universal vacuum hose attachment
- Vibrational blades work very fast
- Easy to use
- It has 10 hair length combs so you can trim hair to several lengths
- It can be used for pets as well
Look at the vacuum hose nozzle of the Flowbee below. It can fit into any type of vacuum cleaners as it’s universal.
Disadvantages Of Flowbee
- Vibrational blades can also be flimsy and prone to damage easily
- Needs to be assembled
- The number of haircut guards is limited, so you can try a limited number of styles
- Needs a powerful 8AMP vacuum cleaner to function
- The precision blades cannot be sharpened and need replacement
You can find the Flowbee on the product website or you can buy it from Amazon.com.
What Is Robocut
When it comes to the world of vacuum haircutting systems, Flowbee is not the only name.
There’s another popular one called Robobut. Most people consider the Robocut hair cutter to be nothing more than a Flowbee knockoff, so I tested it here to see if that was true.
Here’s what I found out after using ordering the product off the Robocut website.
Robocut Tech Specifications:
- Robocut works on any Vacuum (and not just 3HP and above)
- The hose needs a standard vacuum attachment
- Robocut comes with 1/4″ to 6″ attachment guides
- Comes with a hairline shaper and pet attachment guide
- Dial-type length adjustment knob
- Rotary blade
Who It’s Good For:
- People who want a bit more variety in their haircuts
- Pet groomers
- People who don’t want to spend a lot on haircutting devices
Advantages Of Robocut
- Unlike the Flowbee, the Robocutdoesn’t need a particular vacuum cleaner
- It has more variety in attachment combs, so you can try out different hairstyles (like tapers, fades, etc.)
- It comes with an attachment specifically for grooming pets
- More variety in attachment guards than Flowbee (Robocut has ¼”-6”, while Flowbee has ½” -6” combs)
- Doesn’t make more noise
- More affordable than Flowbee
Disadvantages Of Robocut
- It has a standard vacuum hose attachment that might not get connected to certain devices
- The plastic body looks sort of cheap
- I found the power lacking and the blades not very efficient in cutting hair
- Longer hair can get wound in the machine
What Is Aircut
The thing that drew me to the Aircut was that it seemed so light and compact. And I relished the idea of not having to use a vacuum cleaner to cut my hair.
Yes, the Aircut has an in-build vacuum and doesn’t need to be attached to any device.
Aircut Tech Specifications:
- No vacuum attachment needed
- Six ¼” – 4” guard length attachments
- Comes with a transformer and lubricating oil
Who It’s Good For:
- People with thick curly hair
- People who want more shapely or precise hairstyles
- For haircuts close to the scalp
Advantages Of Aircut
- Doesn’t need a separate vacuum cleaner to work
- Lightweight, compact, and travel-friendly
- Cheaper than Flowbee
- Doesn’t make a lot of noise
- Good for close-cropped haircuts and precise hairstyling
- More attachment guards than Flowbee
Disadvantages Of Aircut
- Lacks power
- Not suited for cutting longer hair
- It’s still expensive than Robocut
You can find the Aircut on Amazon and the product website as well. To buy it on Amazon.com, check out the link below:
Flowbee vs Robocut vs Aircut: At A Glance
|Type of Vacuum Needed||8amp/3HP Vacuum||Works with any Vacuum||Doesn’t Need Vacuum|
|Number Of Attachments||11||12||9|
|Type of Attachment Guards||1/2″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 3 1/2″, 4″, 4 ½”, 5, 5 ½”, 6”||1/4″ 1/2″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 3 1/2″, 4″, 4 ½”, 5, 5 ½”, 6”||1/2″ Tapered, 1/2″, 1″, 1 1/2″, 2″, 2 1/2″, 3″, 3 1/2″, 4″|
|Suitable For (Type Of Hair)||Long, Straight, Curly, Thick||Short, Thin, Fine, Straight||Short, Thick, African American, Curly|
|Can Be Used On Pets?||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Blade Type||Vibrational Blades||Rotary Blades||8 “Teeth-Style” Blades|
|Easy To Use?||4/5||4.5/5||5/5|
|Price||$299.99 (on Amazon)||$89.99||$129.99|
|My Rating (Overall)||8/10||7/10||7.5/10|
Why you should use the Flowbee haircutting system to cut your hair?
If you’re tired of the hassle that comes with visiting a barber and have been contemplating cutting your own hair, you should consider investing in a Flowbee Haircutting System.
This innovative system is designed to make it easy for anyone to cut their own hair at home, and with its powerful 3 HP vacuum and attachable hose, it provides an effective and safe solution for people of all ages. The Flowbee system is far superior to its competitors, like the Robocut, when it comes to getting hair cut results that you won’t be embarrassed of.
When you’re cutting your own hair, you want precise, precise results. A Flowbee provides you with the ability to achieve precise results by letting you trim your hair in a variety of lengths and cuts.
This is because the vacuum power of the Flowbee lifts each strand of hair into the trimming blades, creating precise and even results that you simply don’t get from the Robocut. You can choose from haircuts like the classic buzz cut, crew cut, side part or any other style you choose.
The Flowbee system can give you a professional look without the expense or time it takes to go to a barber. In addition to having a buzz cut, you can also trim other hair styles like a layered cut, layers on the sides and in between, and back styling.
With the Flowbee, you can achieve the exact look you want and maintain it indefinitely with just a few trimmings a month. And with the 3-HP motor, the Flowbee trims quickly, allowing you to complete your cut in a fraction of the time.
Another advantage to using the Flowbee is the fact that it’s easy to use and maintain. It’s lightweight and comes with easy-to-follow instructions, so even beginners can learn to get the hang of it quickly.
And it’s virtually self-cleaning – the powerful vacuum removes cut hairs from the attachments as they are trimmed, which eliminates the need to constantly remove and clean them.
When it comes to cutting your own hair, the Flowbee is the clear winner. Its powerful 3 HP vacuum, attachable hose, and predictable trimming blades give you the precise results you want without having to go to a barber. And with how easy it is to use and maintain, you can be sure to enjoy the Flowbee’s benefits for years to come.
FAQs About Flowbee Vs Robocut Vs Aircut
Which is better Flowbee vs Robocut?
At first glance there the Flowbee and Robocut might seem similar but there are several differences that don’t necessarily mean one is better than the other. The Flowbee is more powerful and efficient due to the 8amps vacuum, but Robocut is better if you need variety in your haircuts. It comes with more attachment lengths and can create different styles like tapers, etc. Robocut is also a better option if you want a pet grooming device or something cheaper. However, Flowbee is of higher quality and will last longer.
Does George Clooney use Flowbee?
Yes! Apparently, even Hollywood A-lister George Clooney uses a Flowbee. In an interview with Jimmy Kimmel, the movie star revealed that he had been using the Flowbee haircutting system since the 80s and that it takes him just 2 minutes to cut his hair which he said is “like straw”. Clooney went on to give a live demonstration of him using a Flowbee on the show.
How do you use Aircut?
If you’ve got the Aircut for yourself, here’s how you need to use it.
Firstly, make sure your hair isn’t wet and is free from all types of products (gel, spray, etc.)
Select the attachment guard of your choice depending on the hair length you want
Line up the guard on the mouth of the blade and push it in to snap it in place
Plug the Aircut in and switch it on
Gently move the Aircut over your head covering each part. You may need to go over a particular spot a few times to make sure your hair is cut evenly
And voila! Your hair is now cut
Can the Flowbee do a fade?
Yes, it absolutely can. The Flowbee comes with an Angled ½” Foot Attachment that you can use to give a fade look on the sides and the back of your head. You can even add spacer attachments to help you get different lengths of hair to create the severity of the fade you like (high fade, low fade, medium fade lengths, etc.)
Can Flowbee blades be sharpened?
No, unfortunately, you cannot sharpen the clipper blades on your Flowbee. These blades are vibrational blades that have been cut to precision. So sharpening them isn’t an option. You can buy a separate blade when yours gets worn out either from Amazon or the company website.
Is there anything similar to Flowbee?
Yes, as we’ve seen in the article, Robocut and Aircut haircutting systems are very similar to the Flowbee. Robocut is a more affordable alternative and can be attached to any vacuum, unlike the Flowbee. However, the Aircut contains an in-built vacuum and doesn’t even need a separate device. There are also other devices like Flowbee like the Remington HKVAC2000A Vacuum Haircut Kit and Wahl Professional Vacuum Clipper.
And that was my comparison of the Flowbee Vs Robocut Vs Aircut! These haircutting systems make work so much easier.
If you don’t want to go out to a hairstylist every time you want a trim, these are perfect for you.
A lot of people prefer these vacuum haircutting systems over regular hair clippers for Philips or Wahls, as they don’t make a lot of mess.
However, there are also vacuum clippers from top brands that function similarly that you can check out.