Asian women have always been admired for their beauty and grace. Have you wondered how the actors in those Korean dramas have such perfect-looking hair? They often use the best dyes for Asian hair.
I’ve always loved how distinctive and gorgeous Asian hair looks! It is just so dark, straight, and looks super soft.
Asian hair is one of the fastest-growing hairs and it grows at a rate of 1.4 cm per month.
- Related: Best Bleach For Asian Hair
- Related: Best Shampoos For Asian Hair
- Related: Best Japanese Hair Dyes
- Related: Best Korean Hair Dyes
Since Asian hair is different from other types of hair, it is recommended to use products that are exclusively formulated for them.
This is especially important if you are using products like hair colours that no matter how hard you try will have certain harsh chemicals in them.
|Best Hair Dyes For Asian Hair||Best For||Colors Available|
|Kao Liese Prettia Bubble Hair Dye||Damaged Hair||Beige, Brown, Burgundy, Red, Black|
|Bigen One Push Hair Colour||Instant Hair Dye||Dark Brown and Black|
|Salon de Pro Hair Colour||Grey Coverage||Ash Brown, Brown, Chestnut|
|Rishiri Kombu Hair Colour Treatment||Sensitive Scalps||Black|
|ShoHan Instant Powder Hair Colour- Black||Natural Asian Hair||Black, Dark Brown|
|Etude House Bubble Hair Colouring||Dyed Asian Hair||Black, Dark Brown, Burgundy, Blonde|
If you have this type of hair texture and are looking to colour your hair, take a look at some of the best hair dyes for Asian hair I have curated for you.
How to select the right hair dye for Asian hair?
There are a lot of different hair dyes on the market, and it can be hard to decide which one is right for your Asian hair. This is because most hair dye manufacturers haven’t specifically designed products for Asians yet. In this article, I will help you choose the best color for your Asian hair based on its unique properties.
First, know that all colors affect Asians in different ways. Some dyes may lighten your skin tone while others may just make your roots darker. Additionally, some dyes may cause scalp irritation or even allergic reactions in some people. So before selecting a color, test it out on a small section of your hair first to see how it reacts.
Second, consider the type of hair you have: kinky-, wavy-, curly- or straight-haired people need different types of dye in order to achieve the desired results efficiently. For example, curly-haired women need premixed peroxide color dye kits because they often experience more breakage during color application due to their thick locks.
Thirdly, Asian hair can be difficult to dress up with traditional hair dyes, so it’s important to choose a dye that will work well with your skin tone and natural hair color.
Apart from these tips on how to choose an Asian hair dye, you can also:
- Consult a hairstylist or other expert in order to get an accurate assessment of your skin tone and desired effect. Together, you can decide on a range of shades from which to choose.
- Always test a new product before applying it directly onto the scalp! Dye may cause irritation if not properly tolerated, so it’s important to understand what ingredients are in each formulation before making any decisions.
- Choose light colors that won’t overwhelm your complexion or clash horribly against your natural locks. Darker hues may require more frequent application in order for themto achieve desired results, but they will also be less likely To fade over time.
Tips For Dyeing Asian Hair
Asian hair is a unique type of hair that requires specific care when it comes to dyeing. Here are some tips to help you select the best hair dye for Asian hair:
- Test out a few different dyes on a small section of your hair to see which ones work best. This will help you get a sense for the colors that are compatible with your skin and hair type.
- Be aware of the ingredients in the dye – many Asian dyes contain harsh chemicals that can damage your hair and scalp. Choose dyes that are made with natural ingredients, if possible.
- Always use a rinse after dyeing – This is especially important if you’re using a color that contains ammonia or peroxide. These ingredients can leave your hair feeling dry and brittle.
- Don’t wait too long to dye your hair – The longer you wait, the more your hair will oxidize, which can lead to brittleness and color loss. Remember: patience is key when it comes to dyeing Asian hair!
How I rated the top hair dyes for Asian hair?
I used these hair dyes on my unbleached, straight Asian hair texture and then gave them points from 1-5 based on their performance on the following parameters:
- Hair Coloring Power (Pigment) – I checked how well the dyes deposited color pigment on your hair.
- Gentleness – I then noted if the dyes contained ammonia, bleach, etc. that can hurt hair or cause irritation on scalp skin.
- Longevity – I also checked how long the hair dyes lasted on your tresses. That is, if the dyes are semi-permanent, permanent or simply color-depositing wash off dyes.
- Goodness For Hair – I lastly noted if the dyes contained conditioning agents, oils, etc. that can help moisturize hair and keep frizz away or other properties that help hair such as UV protection, etc.
Hair Dyes For Asian Hair 2022
Kao Liese Prettia Bubble Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
Best Bubble Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
I am a fan of the unique formula of Kao Liese Prettia Bubble hair dye. It comes to a foam-like consistency within a few minutes of mixing the dye solution and this ensures easy penetration of hair dye into your strands.
The Kao hair dye also comes in an easy-to-use kit that can be easily washed off too.
You can apply a thin layer of vaseline on the skin surrounding your hairline, ears and wrists to make sure that the colour doesn’t get stained on your skin.
Once the concoction has become foamy, apply it evenly all over your hair. Remove any tangles and comb your hair to ensure smooth application.
I have really damaged hair, so I was happy to see that the hair colour is enriched with the goodness of hydrolysed silk and Lanolin acid.
These ingredients provide ample nourishment and moisturization to your colored hair.
It also has other beneficial ingredients like amino acids and royal jelly extracts that makes your hair shiny, healthy and strong.
You can choose from a lot of colours including browns, blacks and blondes. No matter what color you’re choosing, I recommend doing an allergy test 48 hours prior to application.
- Strengthens hair as it contains Amino acids
- Contains Royal Jelly so it helps condition hair after coloring
- No ammonia or peroxide so it’s safe for damaged hair and sensitive scalps
- No English instructions so it can be difficult to mix hair dye
- Hair Coloring Power (Pigment) – 4.5/5
- Gentleness – 4/5
- Longevity – 4/5
- Goodness For Hair – 4.5/5
Bigen One Push Hair Colour
Best Semi Permanent Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
This is among my favourite hair dyes for Asian hair on this list. I’ve always found the colouring formula too cumbersome, and this is an easy to use product.
This Bigen one push has an innovative “One push” bottle that enables you to colour your beautiful Asian locks in no time.
This product is super simple and you do not have to worry about combining products like the colour developer and hair colour or messing up in the process.
I had to simply dispense the cream from the container onto the applicator brush before evenly distributing it across my hair.
This product is super-convenient to use and since I have short hair, I was worried about wasting so much product.
But I was thrilled to know that you can use the leftover product at a later time.
Make sure to store the bottle in a cool and dry place so the quality of the product is not compromised.
Although they claim that the product doesn’t drip when you apply it, I did notice a little bit of dripping during application.
This is a great option for people looking to reduce their greys. Another good thing about this hair colour is that it contains natural extracts that will nourish your hair.
- Contains natural extracts like grape extracts that nourish hair
- Covers greys very well as the pigment is dense
- Smart saving bottle for multiple uses
- Easy dispensing thanks to the nozzle-type applicator
- Does not require pre-mixing
- Contains phenoxyethanol and ammonia so it’s not for damaged hair or sensitive scalp types
- Hair Coloring Power (Pigment) – 5/5
- Gentleness – 3/5
- Longevity – 4.5/5
- Goodness For Hair – 3.5/5
Salon De Pro Hair Colour
Best Ammonia Free Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
I have always had an aversion to the harsh and nasty smells of chemicals that most of the hair colours have so I was excited to try this one.
This product claims to be free of any nasty smells and when I tried it, there was some amount of smell but it wasn’t that strong, so brownie points for that.
It took me about 10 to 15 minutes to completely coat my shoulder-length hair with the product.
I liked how it comes in a one push bottle dispenser which helps in avoiding wastage that might otherwise occur.
My hair can look really frizzy, so I was happy to see natural ingredients like olive oil, royal jelly extract and vegetable proteins that help in moisturising and strengthening your hair.
If you are looking for a hair colour that is free of ammonia, this would be a great choice.
- Fragrance-free so it suits people with eczema/psoriasis, etc.
- Comes in a one push bottle so it’s easy to use
- Ammonia free so it won’t damage your hair
- Moisturizing and non-irritating as it contains olive oil and royal jelly extracts
- None that I could find
- Hair Coloring Power (Pigment) – 4.5/5
- Gentleness – 4.5/5
- Longevity – 4.5/5
- Goodness For Hair – 4.5/5
Rishiri Kombu Hair Colour Treatment
Best Herbal Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
If you are looking for hair colour to cover your greys, the Rishiri Kombu Hair colour treatment would make a great choice.
And the catch is that you can use this product daily!
Hair colouring treatments contain a lot of harmful and strong ingredients that could cause scalp irritations and inflammations in a lot of people.
If you have experienced any adverse reactions to such products before, you should definitely give this one a try.
This dye is made up of gentle and natural ingredients and is free of harsh chemicals and additives that might cause your skin to flare up.
The product felt very gentle on my hair and it gave good results. It is enriched with the goodness of Fucoidan which softened my hair and balanced the ph of the scalp.
It also boasts of high-quality Sea kelp extracts that nourished and moisturised my hair and scalp.
Another thing that I loved about this product is that it is free of the harsh chemical smell that hair colouring products usually have.
One thing to understand about this product is that it does not give overnight results. Your hair will only get the colour gradually with consistent usage.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Suitable for sensitive skin
- Suitable for daily use
- Softens the hair
- Balances the ph of your scalp
- Does not have a harsh chemical smell
- Provides good coverage
- Slow results
ShoHan Instant Powder Hair Colour Black
Best Instant Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
Greying can be caused by several issues like genetics, stress, old age, etc. But there are a lot of ways to tackle it and the most popular way is colouring or dyeing your hair.
The ShoHan instant powder hair colour is perfect for camouflaging your greys and it makes you feel much more confident about your appearance.
It has an ammonia-free and hydrogen peroxide-free formula that gave me effective results and covered my greys.
The best part about this hair colour is that it hardly stained my clothes or pillows since it is formulated with powerful conditioning agents.
This product gives great value for money since it is reasonably priced and a single bottle can be used multiple times.
Sometimes when I stopped using hair colours, my hair might look reddish. Although I was worried about this issue when I stopped using it for some time, it never happened.
The hair dye also provides other benefits to your hair such as preventing hair loss, strengthening your hair.
If you are looking for a hair colour that will give you effective, long-lasting results, look no further.
You can select from four different shades that include black, black-brown, dark brown and light brown to get the most natural-looking colour for you.
- Long-lasting results
- Does not irritate your skin
- Protects the hair structure
- Evenly distributes colour through your hair
- Consistent results
- Does not stain clothes
- Does not dilute in water
- Ammonia free
- Hydrogen peroxide free
- Gentle formula
- Contains Sodium lauryl sulphates
- Might cause allergic reactions
Etude House Bubble Hair Colouring
Best Moisturizing Hair Dyes For Asian Hair
Etude House is one of the most popular hair care and skincare brand in Asia. Their product quality speaks for itself and it is no different for these bubble hair colours.
I have always been a fan of this cult-favourite brand so I definitely had to try this product.
If you are someone who doesn’t want to spend a lot of time colouring their hair, this would be a good option.
Unlike a lot of hair colouring products that demand constant re-applications or follow-ups, this one gives you long term results that last for up to two months!
This is also a great option for beginners since it is very easy to apply. Simply mix the contents from sachet #1 and sachet #3 into the #2 bottle.
Shake well to get a frothy consistency through the pump and apply it to your hair as you would apply shampoo.
It was really easy to wash off and you will have to rinse after about half an hour and repeat the shampooing process once more to completely get rid of any residues from the product.
It also contains a host of natural ingredients like lavender flower water, sunflower seed oil, royal jelly extract and chamomile flower extract that can help in reducing the damage caused during colouring to an extent.
- Thick and dense bubbles
- Long-lasting results
- Does not damage your hair
- Contains natural ingredients
- Easy to use
- Suitable for beginners
- Pleasant smell
- Good packaging
Asian hair dyes, like the rest of their skincare and hair care products, are a class apart from their non-Asian counterparts.
They always give importance to the kind of ingredients that go in them.
Most of them are enriched with natural products that nourish and moisturise your hair.
So, I would definitely vouch for these products and you should give them a try to experience the amazing results.
ShoHan Japanese Hair Dye
The best hair dyes for Asian hair help cover greys and add color to Asian hair textures without damaging them. The ShoHan Japanese Hair Dye works instantly and comes in black color.
Product SKU: ML5H24G2B
Product Brand: ShoHan
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $6.97
Price Valid Until: 2023-03-12
Product In-Stock: InStock
- The hair color is ammonia-free
- It won't bleach your hair
- It contains conditioners that leave hair soft
- The hair color is only available in black and darker brown shades