If you want wavy hair, then I’ve explained how to create S waves in hair in this article. This guide gives info on how to get S waves with curling iron, flat iron, and even heatless methods. Check it out!
Do you love beaches? Do you love the waves crashing on the shore? What if I told you that you could get those waves in your hair?
Yes! While the “I woke up like this” culture has been talking about natural waves, there’s a lot more effort that you have to put into it.
In this article, I will talk about how to create waves in your hair. There are various methods that will help you get that gorgeous look.
The best part about this style is that you can pull it off all summer! Waves are basically relaxed curls that you can wear every day.
Related: Is My Straight Hair Wavy
Related: Everyday Hair Routine For Wavy Hair
How to Create S Waves In Hair
You can create waves using a flat iron, a wave iron, or just opt for natural ways. The waves have been in trend since 2012.
Various celebrities opted for this wavy hair style to go to events. Slowly, people started to pick it up and begin experimenting with it. It is safe to say that now we all know how to create perfect waves.
Using a flat iron
This method is super easy and you can get waves that not only look cool but also effortlessly beautiful. To start with this method, you need to hop in the shower.
- After a proper hair wash, you need to towel dry your hair. Once you do that, make sure to detangle it with a wide-tooth comb. This will prevent breakage and is a healthy option.
- The next step is to apply a leave-in conditioner. It is important to prepare your hair for the flat iron. Moreover, you need to ensure that your hair doesn’t get damaged because of excessive heat.
- So, I recommend you use HSI PROFESSIONAL Argan Oil Heat Protector. It is infused with highly concentrated, antioxidant-rich argan oil and shine-boosting vitamins that will protect your hair while styling.
- It will also make your hair smooth and shiny. Apply the product to the bottom half of your hair.
- After applying the conditioner, blow-dry your hair. Make sure you do it until your hair is completely dry.
- Depending on your length and texture, create a partition in your hair. If you have thick hair, you can divide your hair into multiple parts. Otherwise, you can take huge chunks of hair at once. It is all on you to decide.
- Now, it is time to use your flat iron. Make an S-shaped bend in your hair and try to keep it in place. Once you are ready, carefully tap the curve with the iron and set it to shape.
- Now, continue to bend it in the opposite direction to create a full S-shape. Repeat the procedure on the rest of your hair. Make sure the heat setting is on low.
- Once you are done, it is time for the finishing touch! Apply serum to your hair. To do so, take a few drops on your palm, spread it across and then start unlocking the waves.
- This will loosen the waves and also add shine to them. I recommend you use Herstyler Hair Repair Serum. It has argan oil packed with Vitamin E, which will detangle your hair, prevent split ends and also add gloss to them.
Using a curling wand
A curling wand is a perfect way to get the beach waves. All you need is a 1 1/4th curling iron, heat protectant, dry shampoo, and hair spray.
- Firstly, apply some heat protectant to your unwashed hair. If you have an oily scalp, I recommend applying some dry shampoo. One of the best organic products on the market is ACURE dry shampoo. It contains rosemary and peppermint, which absorb oil from your scalp and keep it grease-free.
- Now, it is time to divide your hair into two sections – Top and bottom. I will start with the bottom half, so you will need to use hair clips to clip the top section.
- Time to bring the curling wands! Use it and begin curling your hair from the back. Make sure you roll your hair in big sections instead of small ones to get the perfect loose waves.
- Position the curling iron so that the barrel is pointing in a diagonally downward direction. Because of this, wrapping your hair around your head will become much easier.
- You can choose to either curl your hair towards or away from your face. Scrunch your curls towards your scalp and release them. After this, you will have to twist them in the same direction to ensure that the curls are intensified.
- Lastly, apply some hair spray and run your fingers through your hair to give it a wavy look. If for any reason, you don’t get the desired waves, you can opt for backcombing gently.
Using a blow dryer
This is a very simple and quick way of getting waves. All you need is a round brush and a blowdryer.
- Start off with some heat protectant.
- Take the round brush and take a section of your hair. Roll half of it onto the brush. I recommend you buy a Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Aluminum Round Brush. It is not harsh on your hair and will give volume to them.
- Now, it is time to blow dry your hair. Make sure to work the round brush until the end of the hair.
- Repeat the procedure with the rest of your hair until you get your desired waves. For the finishing touch, use some hair spray.
This method is perfect for you if you’re a fan of getting different looks for your hair without having to resort to using heat styling tools. All you need are hair rollers and hair clips.
- Use the rollers on damp hair. From bottom half to the top, keep on rolling until it can no more.
- Make sure you secure it with a hair clip.
- Once you have everything in place, leave it for 2-3 hours to air dry.
- After it is dry, unroll the rollers and let your hair out.
- You can run your fingers through it to get the loose waves and for the final touch, apply some hair spray.
If you are looking for an easier way with less effort, you can opt for overnight methods. Here, you won’t have to use any iron rods or curling wands.
You just need some hair ties and you are ready to go. There are various overnight methods that you can follow. Take a look at some of them.
There are many heatless methods of achieving the S-shaped waves look!
- Mini Buns
To do this, you need mousse, hair ties, and bobby pins. Wash your hair, and apply some mousse to it. Now, blow dry your hair but not completely dry (optional).
You can also just let it air-dry. Part your hair into two sections from the center and then start twisting one part of it. While you are doing so, it will start to coil up into a bun.
Secure it with hair ties and clips. Repeat the procedure with the leftover hair. Leave it overnight and when you wake up, carefully remove the ties. If you pull it, your hair will get tangled.
Lastly, run your fingers through your hair and get those loose waves.
Braids are the easiest and most effective way to achieve waves. You will only require some hair ties, some mousse, and a comb for this. To begin, detangle your hair by combing it in the direction of the ends.
Your hair should be facing forward, and you should then begin braiding it in a three-strand style. Start at the top of your head and work your way down until there is only an inch of hair left. Use hair ties to keep it in place. Leave it overnight.
The following day, open the braids with great care. You can also apply mousse to your hair if you want to give it more volume.
Just run your fingers along it, and you’re done! You’ve got your waves going on.
Summary on How To Create S Waves In Hair
The most popular hairstyle is the wave. It’s simple and requires no effort at all. Curling rods, straighteners, hot rollers, braids of all kinds, and even buns can help you achieve the desired look in your hair.
The most important thing to remember is to use a heat-resistant product. It is important that you protect your hair from the styling and excessive heat that you put on it.
I also suggest using hair spray and serum to lock in the style.
It’s best to go with this look if you don’t want to spend time styling your hair. No need to go to the beach when using this method, which works on all kinds of hair length.
So, what are you waiting for? Get everything you need and get started on your S waves!