Here’s a detailed comparison between Rogaine Vs Regaine. Check it out!
Hair loss is a concerning issue whether you go through baldness or hair it can be mentally exhausting. Hair thinning can be a major concern. If you are losing a lot of hair there can be many reasons for it, hair fall can range from temporary to permanent depending on the causes. One of the most common types of hair fall is Alopecia Areata. In this condition people tend to lose chunks of hair at once and majorly is due to low immunity.
When the body becomes weak, the white blood cells are activated and sent to fight against the disease-causing germs, the hair fall is seen to be a result of the side effect while the process of protecting the body.
The hair follicles as a result get attacked and become weak and this causes chunks of hair to fall off which creates bald patches. The follicles are weakened by the process as the oxygen supply is stopped and they do not function as normal causing major hair fall issues.
Rogaine has been introduced to the market about 20 decades ago and has been majorly used for hair fall issues. It is a product of the parent company Minoxidil which produces products that cater to hair fall and promote hair growth.
Minoxidil forms a major component of hair fall solution. Rogaine was used mainly for treating patients suffering from high blood pressure while treating the same. It was only as an accident that the side effect of the medication was seen to promote hair growth in patients. It gained popularity over the years.
It is suitable for use by both men and women between the age of 18 to 50 years. It can be easily found in clinical stores near you or you can order them online too. They also offer discounts on bulk orders, if you wish to keep your order discrete all you have to do is mention the same.
Below we have reviewed two Rogaine products and listed out the various characteristics:
The men’s rogaine 5% minoxidil foam for hair loss and hair regrowth topical treatment is specially formulated for men’s hair growth and helps with hair falls too. It has been formulated with 5% minoxidil which is a major component of the hair growth formula. This hair foam helps to boost hair growth by providing nourishment to the hair follicles which have been damaged.
It is infused with an active formula that penetrates deep into the hair shaft and replenishes damaged follicles. This product is designed for men and can be used by anyone between the age of 18-65 years.
It is found that it helps to regrow hair up to 25% and makes the strands thick and healthy. The product is made of natural ingredients which are safe for the environment and also safe on the skin. They refrain from testing on animals.
You can use this product straight from the package, it is foam-based and can be applied straight to the hair follicles. Take the adequate amount you want to use depending on your hair type and hair concern and gently massage this to your scalp. It penetrates deep into the roots of the hair and gets quickly absorbed.
You can apply 1ml per day and you should not exceed the recommended dosage. Feel free to apply it twice a day. You can either wash it off or leave it overnight and wash the same in the morning.
- It penetrates deep into the hair and helps to rejuvenate damaged follicles.
- You should always stick to applying 1ml per day
- It has 5% minoxidil which forms a major component of the active ingredients infused
- It is safe for use for men between the age of 18-65 years
- This anti-hair loss foam is ideal for use at the early stages of hair thinning it also features Tricho-prime technology
The women’s rogaine 5% minoxidil foam for hair thinning and treatment for women’s hair and regrowth treatment for hair loss helps to regrow thicker and beautiful hair. It helps to revive damaged or shrunken hair follicles and helps to rejuvenate hair making it appear fuller and richer which application over a period of time.
This is a two month supply of hair treatment that is infused with 5% minoxidil, it helps to boost hair growth in women between the age of 25 to 65 years of age. It is formulated especially for women and has been FDA approved. Rogaine hair treatment is infused with active prime technology. It is also formulated with ingredients such as butane, butylated hydroxytoluene, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, glycerin, isobutane, lactic acid, polysorbate 60, propane, purified water, sd alcohol 40-b, stearyl alcohol.
You can apply this straight to your hair follicles with the applicator. It helps to penetrate to the roots and works on the damaged hair follicles and replenishes them. You can include this as a part of your everyday hair care routine.
You can apply this twice a day and leave it on overnight; wash it with a mild shampoo in the morning. The recommended dosage is 1ml per day and you are advised to not exceed the recommended dosage.
- This product is specifically formulated for women and deals with women’s hair care concerns only.
- It helps to protect the scalp from infection and irritation
- It is not recommended for pregnant or lactating mothers
- It may cause side effects, so you need to read the ingredients list carefully before using it
- It is not recommended for anyone below the age of 18 years to use it if it will have adverse effects.
- Rogaine is infused with a hair strengthening formula of minoxidil which comprises 5%
- It can be easily applied to the concerned areas without any hassle
- It is FDA approved
- It is clinically proven to have a visible change in hair condition
- You can easily find them at stores near you or you can always order them online
- It is 100 per cent safe and is free from animal testing
- It has ingredients that might cause allergic reactions to some people
- You should only use it twice a day and do not exceed the recommended dosage
- The side effects include headaches, rashes, swelling and heart diseases.
Regaine is also like Rogaine but the difference lies in the minoxidil strength. They are generally safe in application and formulation although some of the ingredients may cause some potential side effects. It was introduced in the market as a slightly more potent and aggressive formula that would penetrate deeper into the roots as compared to Rogaine.
Regaine has a 5% topical solution of minoxidil. It comprises of propylene glycol, which helps in better absorption of the solution to the scalp and hence would work faster. People often complain of itching and dryness around the area when the solution is applied as often it gets dried post-application, this is a major concern that could be a result of side effects.
Anyone between the age of 21-70 years can apply this solution and make it a part of your daily hair care routine if you happen to face a lot of hair fall. It however also comes in a 2% strength formula but this is slightly more difficult to find in the market.
Below we have reviewed two Regaine ( Minoxidil) products and listed out the various characteristics:
The amazon basic care minoxidil topical aerosol, 5% (foam) hair regrowth treatment for men is an amazing solution for hair growth; it is typically foam-based and is quickly absorbed in the scalp. You need to however use it for four months before you notice a visible change.
It helps with baldness and carters to hair thinning as well. It can be applied by men between the age of 18 years to 65 years going through gradual hair loss. It has Minoxidil as a major component.
- It has minoxidil as a major component that helps to treat hair loss
- It has propylene glycol which helps in faster absorption and penetrates deep into the roots
- The solution should not be applied to any other part of your body
- You are not to exceed the recommended dosage of application
- Both Rogaine and Regaine are basically the same things just have different names as one is more potent than the other
You can apply the solution directly to the scalp and massage it gently. It is used to mainly treat hair due to hereditary reasons, it helps to prevent further hair loss and promotes hair growth. You should read the ingredients carefully before using them.
You are recommended to not exceed 1ml of the solution in a day. You can apply it at night before heading to bed and once in the morning. Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
This product is specially formulated for women; it has the same features and dosage as the above men’s product, except that this targets women and helps with fall solutions.
- Regaine and Rogaine are not very different in nature and minoxidil forms as a major component
- The solution can be 5% potent or 2 % potent depending on its use
- Regaine also helps with hair thinning and mainly carters to hair loss due to hereditary factors.
- Regaine is found in the market as a foam solution as well as spray.
- You are likely to see a visible change in 6- 8 months of use
- It takes longer to show a change in hair growth
- You need to be careful of the potential solutions and use them accordingly
- It mostly provides hair solutions for men as compared to women
- You need to read the instructions carefully before using it
- Some of the ingredients can cause side effects.
Minodoxil 5% or 2 %
Coloured or chemically treated hair
Twice a day
Twice a day
2- 6 months
|View Product||Check it out on Amazon||View in store|
The common signs and symptoms of excessive hair fall are:
1: Excessive Hair Fall
If you lose about 50-100 strands of hair every day it is normal and nothing to be concerned about, however, if you lose about 1000 and more strands this is a major concern it is advisable that you should get yourself checked for any underlying health conditions or problems that could be a cause of hair-fall
This is another common sign of excessive hair fall. It can be caused due to many reasons, it can be as a result of an everyday stress affair which you have been going through over some time or stress due to a health condition.
3: Bald Patches
The appearance of bald patches is common as the follicles tend to become weak and lose their natural strength. Bald patches are generally seen in the forefront or the back of your hair.
4: Dry Or Irritated Scalp
Dry and irritated scalp causes Alopecia, if you often have dry and irritated scalp, this will weaken your hair follicles and stop growth. It can also cause a lot of skin rashes and worsen the skin conditions which causes hair fall as your hair does not get enough of the nutrients required for a healthy scalp.
5: Underlying Health Condition
If you have major hair fall issues you might want to get yourself checked first for any underlying health condition. As diseases and health conditions worsen the natural immunity of the body and you tend to lose chunks of hair as a result. For example, you can see major hair fall issues among cancer patients or patience with skin diseases etc.