Bald’s the new sexy. Everyone’s sporting the shaven head look these days, but did you know it requires just as much care as your hair.
Using the products, including the best aftershave for bald heads is a must for a shiny, smooth bald pate.
If you’re wondering what to put on your bald head after shaving, we should tell you the skin there is like any other. It requires the same nourishment and TLC.
And using aftershave can help calm down the irritation and redness on the scalp and leave your bald head free of razor bumps too.
|Aftershave For Bald Heads||Best For||Chief Ingredients|
|Bee Bald Heal Post-shave Healing Balm||Seborrheic Dermatitis||Aloe vera, oat kernel, gogi berry, licorice|
|Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel||Best Aftershave Gel||White tea, sea kelp, basil extract|
|Brickell Men’s Instant Relief Aftershave for Men||Sensitive Skin||Aloe, calendula, sugarcane, coconut oil|
|Headblade Clearhead HeadLube Glossy||Smooth skin||Shea butter, tea tree oil|
|Gillette Sensitive Skin Aftershave Lotion||Best Budget Aftershave||Glycerine, oat kernel|
|Proraso Aftershave Balm||Nourishing skin||Glycerine, camphor, methol, eucalyptus|
|American Shaving After Shave Balm||Dry Scalps||Glycerine, Sunflower seed oil, carrageenan|
|Solo Noir Brave Aftershave Toner||Oil control||Tea tree oil, willow bark, blueberry extract|
|PhL Naturals Unscented After Shave Lotion||Inflamed Scalps||Aloe, cucumber, witch hazel|
|Bump Patrol Maximum Strength||Razor Bumps||Witch hazel, willow bark, allantoin|
Top Aftershave For Bald Head 2023
Can I Use Aftershave On My Bald Head?
If you’ve recently joined the bald head club or have been shaving your head for a while now, you may be wondering if you can use aftershave on your smooth scalp.
The short answer is yes, but there are a few things to keep in mind. Firstly, not all aftershaves are created equal. Some contain alcohol, which can dry out and irritate the skin, leading to discomfort and even razor burn. Look for products that are alcohol-free or contain a low concentration of alcohol.
Secondly, your scalp may be more sensitive than other areas of your face, so start with a small amount of aftershave to see how your skin reacts. If you experience any irritation or discomfort, discontinue use immediately.
Thirdly, consider using a product specifically formulated for bald heads. These products often contain ingredients like aloe vera and shea butter, which help soothe and moisturize the skin.
In general, using aftershave on your bald head can help reduce inflammation, prevent ingrown hairs, and leave your skin feeling refreshed. Just be sure to choose a product that’s gentle and suited to your skin type, and remember that less is more when it comes to applying it.
What Factors To Consider While Choosing An Aftershave For Bald Head
Choosing the best aftershave for your bald head is not an easy task, as it requires considering several factors that can affect your skin. With so many aftershaves available in the market, it can be overwhelming to choose the right one. Here are some factors you need to consider before making a purchase:
1. Skin Type – Your skin type plays a vital role in selecting an aftershave. If you have sensitive skin, look for aftershaves that contain natural ingredients like aloe vera, chamomile, and tea tree oil. If you have oily skin, choose an aftershave that has a non-greasy and non-oily formula.
2. Fragrance – While choosing an aftershave, it is essential to consider the fragrance. Some aftershaves have a pleasant smell, while others can be overpowering. You can choose a subtle fragrance that matches your personality and style.
3. Ingredients – Always check the ingredients in the product before purchasing. Aftershaves that contain alcohol can dry out the skin, while those with natural ingredients can soothe and hydrate the skin.
4. Brand – It’s always recommended to choose a reputable brand that has been in the market for a long time. Such brands are known for their quality and safety of the product.
5. Cost – Lastly, consider the cost of the aftershave. It’s important to invest in a good aftershave, but it doesn’t mean you have to break the bank.
Look for deals or discounts for the product. In summary, choosing the best aftershave for your bald head requires considering several factors like skin type, fragrance, ingredients, brand, and cost. Take your time to research and select a product that suits your skin type and preferences.
5 Benefits Of Using An Aftershave On Your Shaved Bald Head
If you’re a bald-headed man, you’ve probably experienced the irritating razor burn that comes with shaving your head. What you may not know is that using an aftershave can benefit your bald head in more ways than one. Here are five benefits of using an aftershave on your shaved bald head:
1. Soothes Razor Burn: Aftershave contains alcohol, which has antiseptic properties that disinfect and soothe any cuts or razor burn from shaving. It also helps to close pores, reducing the risk of bacteria getting into the skin.
2. Moisturizes: Some aftershaves contain moisturizing ingredients like Aloe Vera and jojoba oil. These ingredients can help to soothe and hydrate the skin, which is essential for maintaining a healthy scalp.
3. Prevents Ingrown Hairs: Ingrown hairs occur when the hair curls back into the skin. Aftershave contains alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) and beta-hydroxy acids (BHAs) that exfoliate the skin, helping to prevent ingrown hairs from developing.
4. Improves Skin Texture: Aftershave can improve the texture of the skin on your bald head by removing dead skin cells and unclogging pores. This leaves a smoother, clearer, and brighter complexion.
5. Leaves a Pleasant Scent: Many aftershaves come in a variety of fragrances, leaving a pleasant scent on your bald head that can last throughout the day.
This is particularly beneficial for men who suffer from scalp odor. In conclusion, using an aftershave on your shaved bald head can provide several benefits beyond soothing razor burn. Choose an aftershave that works best for your skin type and enjoy a healthier, smoother, and better-smelling scalp.
Tips On How To Get The Smoothest Bald Head
Here are some tips on how you can achieve the smoothest bald head possible:
1. Exfoliate regularly: Dead skin cells can accumulate on the scalp, leading to an uneven and rough surface. Exfoliating your scalp once a week with a gentle scrub can help remove these dead skin cells and leave you with a smoother look.
2. Moisturize your scalp: Just like the skin on your face, your scalp needs to be moisturized to keep it looking and feeling smooth. Use a light moisturizer that won’t leave your scalp feeling greasy.
3. Use the right razor: Shaving can be a delicate process, especially when you’re dealing with a sensitive area like your scalp. Choose a high-quality razor that will give you a close shave without irritating your skin.
4. Shave in the right direction: Shaving against the grain can lead to ingrown hairs and razor burn, which won’t give you the smooth scalp you’re looking for. Instead, shave in the direction of hair growth to minimize irritation.
5. Protect your scalp from the sun: A smooth scalp is a healthy scalp, so it’s important to protect it from the damaging effects of the sun.
Wear a hat or use a scalp-specific sunscreen to keep your scalp safe from harmful UV rays. By following these tips, you’ll be well on your way to achieving the smoothest bald head possible. Remember, a little bit of maintenance goes a long way in making sure you look your best.
Dare to be bald? Then check out these fantastic aftershaves for bald heads we’ve rounded up just for you!
Bee Bald Heal Post-shave Healing Balm
Best Shaving Head Cure For Seborrheic Dermatitis
This product might just be the best aftershave for bald heads on this list. And this is largely thanks to its super-effective ingredients.
First of all, there’s bee pollen and honey, which contain antibacterial properties. These ingredients help prevent any infections and reduce dry, itchy scalps and inflammation.
Then there’s the Gogi berry, vitamin E, and licorice root extract that help nourish the skin, prevent bumps and nicks and keep your bald pate shiny and protected.
The antiseptic formula of this aftershave balm makes it a great choice if you’re suffering from scalp conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or scalp acne. It helps restore the natural pH balance of the skin.
A little goes a long way with this healing balm.
So it also gives you a great value for money. This all-natural formulation is not just for men… it makes for a fantastic aftershave for women too.
- Reduces scalp irritation and itching
- Prevents scalp discoloration
- Maintains ph balance of scalp skin
- Helps with skin conditions like dermatitis
- Packaging prone to leaking
- Contains silicone that causes build-up
- Artificial coloring might not suit very sensitive scalps
Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel
Best Aftershave Gel For Bald Heads
This product is not only among the best aftershave for bald heads, it also a great moisturizer.
We liked how this gel formula is different and less greasy than all the lotions and balms on this list. So if you have an oily scalp and still need to moisturize your bald head, this is a perfect choice.
And it’s also alcohol-free. So you don’t have to worry about dryness or irritation after use. The big reason why we love this aftershave gel is that it’s hydrating and yet controls oiliness.
There’s witch hazel to keep your scalp from producing excess sebum and glycerin to keep your skin moisturized.
The Jack Black Post Shave Cooling Gel also contains chamomile, lavender oil, horsetail, and other herbs that soothe your shaved skin and prevent inflammation and redness.
- Good for oily bald scalp
- Exfoliates scalp gently
- Prevents bald head from getting shiny and oily
- Soothes redness and irritation
- Not for dry skin
- Doesn’t moisturize enough
- Related: Best shampoo for bald head
- Related: Best shaving cream for bald head
Brickell Men’s Instant Relief Aftershave for Men
Best Aftershave For Bald Head with Sensitive Skin
If you’ve got sensitive skin, you might be (understandably) wary of aftershaves. But not all products are the tingly, irritating variety.
There are several aftershave lotions and balms that have no alcohol or astringents and are very mild.
One of them is Brickell’s Aftershave for bald heads. It doesn’t contain sulphates, parabens, alcohol, color, artificial fragrances, or just about anything that can hurt your sensitive skin.
But the ingredient list boasts of soothing and nourishing aloe vera, glycerine, hyaluronic acid, and jojoba oil. All of which is super-gentle on your bald pate.
We also like how the aftershave helps prevent ingrown hairs and cleanses clogged pores. The lavender and peppermint also leave a mild, natural fragrance behind.
It is a bit expensive for the quantity given, but if you’ve got an extra sensitive scalp, this aftershave is definitely worth it.
- 98 percent natural ingredients
- Natural fragrance from essential oils
- Alcohol and colorant-free
- Hydrating without being heavy
- Scent too strong for some users
Headblade HeadLube Glossy Aftershave For Bald Head
Best Aftershave Lotion For Bald Heads
When it comes to the best aftershave for bald heads, there is always a tug of war between balms and lotions.
If you prefer the light, astringent formula of a lotion to the heavy moisturization of balms, the Headblade Headlube is a great pick.
The formula comes in two varieties glossy and matte. Although, we preferred the glossy one, which comes with a safflower oil and water blend.
It leaves your bald head shiny without making it look too oily. There’s also shea butter in here to keep your scalp nourished and tea tree oil to prevent irritation and redness.
But the best thing about this Headblade aftershave is that despite the slick formulation, it doesn’t clog your pores. And there are no artificial dyes or perfumes in there either.
- No artificial color or fragrance
- Safe for sensitive skin
- Moisturizes scalp without leaving it oily
- Unclogs pores
- Anti-inflammatory formula
- Contains alcohol
Gillette Sensitive Skin Aftershave Lotion
Best Budget Aftershave For Bald Heads
When it comes to men’s products for bald heads, Gillette has always been the number one brand out there. So it’s no wonder that the Gillette aftershave lotion is on this list.
The lotion contains emollients like glycerin that moisturize your skin without leaving it greasy.
This aftershave might be called a lotion, but it actually has a mild gel base that’s suitable for even sensitive skin.
But the biggest selling point of this Gillette aftershave is the price. It’s the super affordable drugstore aftershave that is still very efficient at protecting your bald pate.
- Super affordable
- Gel formula doesn’t leave skin greasy
- Contains alcohol and artificial fragrance
Proraso Aftershave Balm
Best Aftershave Balm For Bald Head
If you feel like your scalp keeps getting dry and flaky every time you shave, you should try this Proraso Aftershave Balm.
In fact, this product is the best aftershave for bald heads experiencing dryness, peeling, and itching thanks to its nourishing formula.
The balm contains aloe vera, vitamin E, and glycerine to deeply moisturize your scalp. Like other balms, this one doesn’t have any alcohol on its ingredient list.
But people with extra-sensitive skin should steer clear of this one just in case, as it has some amount of perfume.
We liked that the scent is refreshing but not overpowering. And we also appreciate that Prosaro creates a separate balm for sensitive skin that is unscented.
American Shaving Balm Aftershave For Bald Head
Best Aftershave Balm For Dry Scalps
Looking for something that works for both dry and sensitive scalps? Check out this American Shaving After Shave Balm.
It gets absorbed very quickly into the skin and comes with all-natural ingredients.
There’s sunflower oil, aloe vera, and Carrageenan to keep your bald head soft, shiny, and nourished. If you have sensitive skin, you’ll be happy to know that there’s no alcohol in this balm either.
Also, we do adore the sandalwood fragrance that comes with this balm. It’s really earthy and timeless, and something men and women can both enjoy.
Solo Noir Brave Aftershave Toner
Best Aftershave Splash
Balms and lotions are not the only types of aftershave available. There’s the splash, which is liquid in form and very similar to a toner.
It’s the best aftershave for bald heads if you want a matte look. Or if you’re more concerned about oiliness and ingrown hair than dryness.
The Solo Noir Brave Aftershave toner is the best splash out there. It contains blueberry extracts, black willow bark, and tea tree oil that soothes irritation, unclogs your hair follicles, and leaves your bald pate smooth and clear.
It also functions as an eau de toilette and has the most amazing scent.
Phl Naturals Unscented Natural Aftershave For Bald Head
If you’ve got a problem with irritated skin, or dry skin, or even razor bumps, this aftershave lotion by PHL is the best for you then. What we love most about it is the unscented formula.
There’s organic aloe vera gel and a host of other organic ingredients such as witch hazel, coconut oil, and soybean oil that keep skin hydrated and prevent skin irritations.
It’s gentle formula makes it a great pick for sensitive scalp skin.
Bump Patrol Maximum Strength Aftershave For Bald Head
The main enemies of shaved heads are dead skin, irritated skin, and razor burns. And this aftershave takes care of all three of them.
Its maximum strength formula contains essential ingredient like witch hazel, willow bark extract, green tea extract, and lavender essential oil.
This is one of the best grooming products for oily scalps as it controls excess oil production. It keeps your hairless heads absolutely shine-free.
A little heads up. The formula contains alcohol and astringents and helps exfoliate and reduce sebum. So it might not be the best for dry skin types.
FAQs – Best Aftershave For Bald Head
How to keep your bald head smooth?
To get a smooth, bump-free pate, you can try following these grooming tips:
Never shave without shaving cream: Always use shaving cream, shaving foam, or gel to soften the strands and make shaving smoother and easier.
Trim your hair before shaving: You should trim your hair to a stubble before shaving it off. This helps you cover the whole head and not miss out on stray strands.
Use sharp razors: Never use a dull blade to shave your hair. A sharp one gives a closer shave, reduces the chances of cuts and nicks, and lasts longer. Also, don’t forget to use clean blades.
Don’t forget to apply the best aftershave for bald head: Just like using aftershave is good for your face, it can also help maintain your bald head.
Certain astringent-based aftershave lotions keep itching, redness, and infections at bay.
Moisturize and SPF: There are also head moisturizers with natural ingredients keep your scalp soft. If you shave regularly always use a good skin sunscreen too protect your entire head from UV rays.
How often should you shave your bald head?
There’s no correct answer for this one. We suggest looking at how fast your hair grows. For most men (and some women), you can shave your bald head 3 times a week.
But if you feel your hair grows back quickly, it’s okay to shave it every alternate day or even every day. Only remember to moisturize your scalp afterward to prevent razor bumps and peeling of the skin.
Aftershave balm vs. lotion: What’s the difference?
Both aftershave balms and lotions for maintaining your bald head after shaving or trimming. But aftershave balms are generally thicker and creamier in texture than lotions.
Their main purpose is to moisturize your scalp, unlike toners or lotions, which have astringent properties. Aftershave balms also contain little to no amount of alcohol.
A bald head is definitely stylish, but the exposed skin often faces problems due to being out in the sun, cold, and pollution.
Not to mention the constant shaving to keep the 5’o’clock shadow away! So thank goodness for products like the best aftershave for bald heads.
The balms and lotions listed above can help keep your bald pate shiny, nourished, and protected!
The author of this article, Leah Marie Priest has a degree in Cosmetology with years of experience in dealing with hair care, scalp care, and hairstyling. As someone who extensively deals with all kinds of hair textures, products, styling methods and more, hair Leah Marie knows what kind of products and procedures suit each hair type and person. We have also tested these hair products and processes ourselves to provide you an unbiased review about every product. Each of our articles are also reviewed by a team of medical professionals so that you get the most accurate and expert-reviewed information.
Bee Bald HEAL Post-Shave Healing Balm
A good aftershave for bald head will keep your skin protected and smooth. The Bee Bald HEAL Post-Shave Healing Balm is good for all skin types.
Product SKU: BB6529F
Product Brand: Bee Bald
Product Currency: USD
Product Price: $6.79
Price Valid Until: 2024-04-04
Product In-Stock: InStock